CHAPTER 18

Tian Heng heard that no response was coming from the phone, he went out of the reception and raised his volume.

“Sorry brother, I was just thinking about a physics problem.” Mo Di quickly regained his mind and said: “I just happened to see where I went wrong.”

“You…” Mu Tian Heng felt helpless and funny. “It’s going to be 12 soon. You can’t just keep studying and not care about eating. Do you think I should praise you or scold you?”

Mo Di replied in a tiny voice: “Praise…praise me.”

Mu Tian Heng listened to the timid and soft voice on the other end insisting on expressing his opinion, he could not help but chuckle: “Fine, I’ll praise you. But…remember to combine work with rest and eat on time. Got it?”

“Uhm!” Mo Di’s voice was vividly lively and a brisk running sound could be heard. “Brother, I saw a lot of vegetables and meat in the fridge. I want to make some fried chicken and vegetables, and also braised eggplant.”

“Uhm, you can cook whatever you want. Just be careful not to cut your hand and watch out for the oil splash. Understood?” Mu Tian Heng had no idea how gentle his eyes were at the moment. As he spoke, his lips were hooked and there was an indisputable trace of indulgence in his smiling eyes. It was as if on the other was not an ordinary youngster he happened to make an acquaintance with but someone he truly wanted to care for.

Mo Di spoke with Mu Tian Heng for five or six minutes before hanging up. He took out the ingredients and started cooking.

While Mo Di was doing this, Mo Shi Hong and Mo Wu Hang, on the other hand, were furious after they knew that Mo Di had asked the headteacher for leave and would be studying at home hereinafter.

Mo Wu Hang was about to kick the table in anger but Qin Cheng Yi immediately said that he knew where Mo Di was residing and he would take them there. When Mo Liu Gui heard this she hurriedly insisted on going with them. In her sad tone, she expressed that she wanted to find her brother to clear their misunderstandings.

But too bad they were going on a wild goose chase.

Mo Di had predicted before that he was doomed to never return to the apartment he rented. There were things scattered here and there that he could not take with him and treated them as a lost cause.

After having his lunch, Mo Di washed the dishes and went back to his studies. It was about 6 in the evening that his concentration was broken by a rumble of crashing thunder.

After studying for more than 4 hours, Mo Di was tired. He looked at the time and stood up to stretch.

The thunder outside the window exploded one after another. Then a heavy rain poured suddenly and big raindrops splattered against the window glass. The banana leaves outside were washed green as they swayed left and right.

The sky darkened abruptly. Mo Di got up to turn on the light but before he could reach the switch, there was a flash as lightning struck outside the house.

“This is a big thunderstorm.” Mo Di flipped the light switch. Feeling that the wind coming from outside was cold so Mo Di went to shut the window.

When Mu Tian Heng and Lai De Si came back in the evening, even if the rain eased up, they might still be affected by it.

Thinking of this, Mo Di went to the kitchen and took out the soup pot. He cleaned it and prepared it for use.

Since he had already decided to be the perfect boyfriend and excellent lover, showing care and being attentive were very much needed.