CHAPTER 86

Chapter 86

Proofread and Edited by KitKat

Back home, Mo Di took a bath and had a good night’s sleep all the way to the morning of New Year’s Eve.

Early that morning, Mo Di heard the festive sound of firecrackers and felt nostalgic for the long-forgotten New Year atmosphere. He was about to open his curtain and look outside when he was struck with a thought – weren’t firecrackers banned a long time ago?!

He got out of bed, put on his slippers and left his room. Right outside his door, he saw Mu Tian Heng standing by the living room table with a plate of freshly baked butter toast in his hand.

The rich aroma and the steam made him feel like he had just entered a bakery.

Mo Di was deeply entranced. He smiled sweetly and a little dimple appeared on his cheek.

Advertisements

REPORT THIS AD

Mu Tian Heng saw him and smiled back. He placed the toast on the table and went to him, “It’s still early, why don’t you sleep some more?”

“It’s already half-past seven.” Mo Di looked around and asked, “Brother, did you set off firecrackers?”

“No. A friend heard I was celebrating the Lunar New Year here and sent me an audio file which I did not expect to be so loud.” Mu Tian Heng rubbed Mo Di’s hair, “Did I wake you?”

“No, I was already up,” Mo Di replied. He grabbed Mu Tian Heng’s hand off his head and said softly, “Brother, don’t rub anymore, it’s already messy.”

Mu Tian Heng only laughed at his little complaint. He lifted Mo Di and positioned him on his waist.

“How about I let you mess with my hair as well?”

Mo Di was startled when he was suddenly lifted off his feet, but when he realized that he was being carried by Mu Tian Heng, his face turned red instantly.

“Brother!”

“How’s the view from a higher vantage?”

Mu Tian Heng gently bumped Mo Di up and Mo Di wrapped his legs around those strong abdominal muscles. With one hand on Mo Di’s thigh and the other supporting his waist, he looked at him and said, “This is a good chance for you to take your revenge, are you sure you don’t want to do it?”

Advertisements

REPORT THIS AD

Mo Di wrapped his hands around Mu Tian Heng’s shoulders and lowered his head. He gazed deep into those eyes that seemed to be sucking him in and his ears turned red.

“I… I never said I wanted to mess up your hair.” Mo Di’s heart was pounding. In Mu Tian Heng’s eyes he saw a brilliance that was filled with tenderness and affection. He averted his eyes and avoided Mu Tian Heng’s gaze.

“You’re being soft on me?” Mu Tian Heng’s eyes were getting darker. He went over to the dining table and gently placed Mo Di on it. With his hands on both sides of Mo Di, he looked into his eyes and said, “Did you miss me the past few days?”

“Yes,” Mo Di answered without even having to think. “I miss you every day.”

“I miss my little Mo Di too,” Mu Tian Heng’s left hand slid over Mo Di’s hand and his right hand delicately stroked the back of Mo Di’s head. He leaned in and kissed him on the lips.

“Brother misses you every day. I miss having dinner with you. I miss being able to hold you whenever I want. I miss having you in my arms.”

In between his words, Mu Tian Heng kissed Mo Di’s forehead, eyes, cheeks, nose tip, and finally landed on his lips. “Good thing that you’re on vacation and that game competition can’t take you away from me.”