CHAPTER 16

Mu Tian Heng felt that something was wrong. After knocking on the door a few more times and getting no response from the house, he took out his phone and called Mo Di.

Mo Di had been sleeping in KFC for two hours. When he was awakened by the ring, his mind was still groggy. Seeing that Mu Tian Heng was the caller, in a moment, he was not prepared to react.

But he knew subconsciously that the person at the other end meant him no harm so he swiped to answer the phone. “Hello?”

“Little fellow, you’re not awake yet?” Mu Tian Heng heard Mo Di’s voice sounded dazed.

“No, brother, I’m awake.”

After Mo Di said ‘hello’, his brain was already alert. He sat up straight and pondered why Mu Tian Heng had called him this early.

“Brother, why are you calling this early today? Is there something wrong?”

Mu Tian Heng looked at the breakfast bag with the soymilk and xiao long bao that he was carrying and said warmly: “I’m at your door now. I knocked but no one answered. You’ve already left for school?”

“Ah?” Mo Di was slightly stunned. He was quite surprised that Mu Tian Heng had come to see him so early. Within an instant, he organized and revised all the strategies and plans in his head and answered in the most common sentence: “I’m sorry brother. I’m not at home at the moment. Is there something that matters?”

“Not at home?”

Mu Tian Heng was acutely aware that when this little Mo Di said that he was not home, it was also unlikely that he went to school. He asked: “What’s wrong? You’re not at home and you’re not going to school?”

“I…” the voice coming from the phone sounded a little scared. There was also a feeling that he was trying to keep his composure: “Brother, my place was discovered. I was afraid, so …I left in the middle of the night.”

His place was found?!

Mu Tian Heng’s first reaction was that Mo Di’s address was discovered by the Mo family. No wonder he had to run away at night. He spared the details and asked: “Where are you now?”

“I’m…in the KFC next to Da Huai Road subway station.”

“Wait there. I’ll come find you.”

After Mu Tian Heng hung up his phone, he immediately turned to go downstairs. He almost bumped into someone coming up but managed to shift his body and dodged in time.

After Mo Di hung up his phone, he sat and waited quietly for a while before getting up to order two cups of soymilk, two cheeseburgers, and 2 deep-fried dough sticks.

Mu Tian Heng clearly came just to see him and yet he had calculated him into his scheme. The least he could do was to buy him breakfast.

Unexpectedly, Mu Tian Heng also arrived with two cups of soymilk and two baskets of xiao long bao in his hands.

Mo Di was a little bewildered.

Mu Tian Heng also saw the double set of breakfast on the tray in front of Mo Di. For a short moment, his eyes softened. He then sat himself down opposite of Mo Di.

“Would you like to try the xiao long bao I bought?”

Mu Tian Heng put the take out box with the dim sum basket on the table. He opened it and said: “It’s still warm. There’s pork, celery, and crab. I don’t know if you like it.”

“I like it.” Mo Di looked at the basket and oil pattern on the wrapping paper and his eyes drooped lightly. There was an undetectable trace of warmth.