CHAPTER 80

Chapter 80

Editor & Proofreader: KitKat

Guo Dejiang was astounded by the document Sister Meng showed him.

Sun Qinghu witnessed this in the next room and quietly left the police station. He immediately reported it to Ye Guosheng.

The policeman who came with Sister Meng spotted Sun Qinghu slipping away. Feeling suspicious, he leaned in to whisper to her: “Sister Meng, a man just came out from the next room. He doesn’t look like a police officer.”

“Hmm.” Sister Meng nodded. She turned to Bai Wenwen, “Are you alright?”

“I want to use the bathroom…” Bai Wenwen used the last of her willpower to squeeze out the words.

“Xiao Tian, take her to the bathroom,” Sister Meng said to the policeman behind her.

“Yes, Sister Meng,” The policeman called Xiao Tian quickly uncuffed Bai Wenwen.

…..

In the meantime, the Ye family was in turmoil once again.

Ye Cheng Feng’s ‘tragic end’ was no longer a secret and because someone in the base had confirmed the news’ authenticity, the internet was bustling over this topic.

In a short time, Ye Cheng Feng’s family background, educational background, photos, etc were all dug up and raised a lot of lively discussions.

Some sympathized with Ye Cheng Feng, some berated Bai Wenwen for being vicious, and many believed that Bai Wenwen must have drugged him. After all, with Ye Cheng Feng’s superior qualities, he could have had anyone he wanted. 

Although rare, there were a few that called him disgusting. Madame Ye read these comments and cried her eyes out. Ye Guosheng’s face also turned ink-black. Uncle Zhang then advised that they get a water army to control public opinion. 

Ye Guosheng was not familiar with such things and thus, ordered Uncle Zhang to handle it. Uncle Zhang immediately reached out to a reliable contact and hired a large water army. 

Needless to say, the direction in which the water army should focus on had to be approved by Ye Guosheng. 

Once Ye Guosheng had planned out what he wanted to publicize, the water army began their work.

Advertisements

Soon, a new wave of comments emerged. Some were praising Ye Cheng Feng for being a kind-hearted gentleman, some were claiming that injustice had been done to him, and some were about the Ye family and how it had served the country.

Gradually, everyone was swayed to believe that Ye Cheng Feng was set up as there was no need for him to force anyone. And those who said otherwise were accused of being the water army of the competitors trying to sabotage Ye Cheng Feng’s team.

Finally, a small testimony popped up about how Bai Wenwen was infatuated with Ye Cheng Feng followed by the speculation of her drugging him to have a handle on him. The commenter even stated that he had evidence to back his claims…

Although spreading this was not the water army’s main focus, the netizens’ urge to spread gossip should never be underestimated. This comment was forwarded with great enthusiasm and turned many against Bai Wenwen. Only a few demanded the evidence.

Uncle Zhang was surprised when he saw the unexpected phenomenon. Since Sun Qinghu had already been sent to the police station and the witnesses were under their control, it was only a matter of time before Bai Wenwen confessed to the crime.

Just as Uncle Zhang was feeling positive about the situation, he heard Ye Guosheng angrily smashing a cup in the living room.

Uncle Zhang was anxious and fearful. He quickly rushed to Ye Guosheng’s side.