CHAPTER 70

Chapter 70

“En.” Mo Di knew that Mu Tian Heng was only concerned for health so he nodded and accepted his preaching.

“Good boy.” Mu Tian Heng smiled. Mu Tian Heng wanted to touch Mo Di’s head but realized that he was too high up on the bed and reaching up would turn out to be awkward.

Mu Tian Heng clenched his hand to diminish the desire and reminded him tenderly: “Have a good rest and quickly go to bed, it’s already late. I’ll be leaving now.”

He was here for a surprise inspection and did not intend to stay for too long. Furthermore, the dorm would be locked at twelve midnight and he won’t be able to leave afterward.

“Brother, let me see you off.” 

“There’s no need. It’s cold outside, you’d better rest up and go to bed.” Seeing Mo Di about to get out of bed, Mu Tian Heng had to accentuate his tone: “Are you not listening to your brother’s words anymore?”

Mo Di stopped his movement and looked at Mu Tian Heng in aggrievedness.

Mu Tian Heng turned soft immediately. He said in a gentle tone: “You’re badly affected by the cold, going back and forth might give you a fever. Listen to me, alright?”

In his need to dissuade Mo Di, Mu Tian Heng spoke to him in an indulgently coaxing tone that he usually used when they were alone. Xian Yu Chao and the others had their eyes wide open, gawking in awe.

The big man was just too doting on their Xiao Di. This tone was like coaxing a child.

Mo Di detected the reactions of his roommates and his face turned red. He stopped what he was going and said: “Then, then brother, I won’t be seeing you off.”

“Um. You all should rest up as well.” Mu Tian Heng also felt the change and coughed: “I’m going now.”

After Mu Tian Heng left, Xian Yu Chao and Chen Zhao immediately stared at Mo Di while Lin Jun Feng looked curiously at Mu Tian Heng’s back as he closed the door.

“Xiao Di, isn’t Boss Mu a little too kind to you? And … and also…” Xian Yu Chao was unable to describe his exact thought on the matter. After stuttering briefly, he was just concluded with: “It’s nothing like how one would treat a younger brother.”

“Exactly! It was more like how a husband coaxes his wife.” Chen Zhao suddenly burst into laughter.

His uncle liked men and therefore, he felt there was nothing wrong with it.

“You shut up. That’s crazy.” Lin Jun Feng walked back to the bed and patted Chen Zhao’s shoulder, “Boss Mu is obviously a bro-con!” 

The group continued to discuss this topic, causing Mo Di terrible embarrassment. He covered his blanket and said to them: “If you’re not going to sleep then I’ll send you guys the work for the next chapter of Infinite Life. Do you want to do it now?”

“!!!” And then there was silence in the room as the rowdy three looked at each other in dismay.

…..

With the precise review topics to work on and the exams taking place one after the other, time flew by quickly.

A week went by and so did several of Mo Di’s exams. Jing Da had begun the self-study week and also compulsory revision classes.

Mo Di would return home every weekend. And on the weekdays when he stayed at the dorm, he would make sure to go to bed on time since Mu Tian Heng had three informants by his side, there was no way for him to cheat!