CHAPTER 45

Chapter 45

The confrontation with Mo Liu Gui did not affect their mood. The atmosphere between them was harmonious as always.

This time Mo Di suggested they have roasted duck because he had not eaten this dish in a long time. He missed the taste of the sauce and the combination of the succulent duck meat rolled up in the flour wrapping and satisfying his taste buds. 

Mu Tian Heng naturally did not object.

They did not make a reservation and had to wait for over twenty minutes to get a table. Mo Di was starving by then.

“Two sets of roast duck, one salted duck liver, one pea flour cake, one mushroom soup, one corn juice, and two more portions of flour wrapping.” Mu Tian Heng ordered after looking through the menu. He turned to ask Mo Di: “Anything else you want?” (TN: The wrapping here is something like a very thin tortilla shell)

“No more. That’s enough.”

Although Mo Di felt he could eat a cow but the judgment of someone with an empty stomach was never sound. If it were up to him, he would have ordered one portion of everything which the two of them could never finish.

“That’s it for now.” Mu Tian Heng nodded to the waiter.

“Yes. It’ll be out in a moment.” the waiter answered and left.

The pea flour cake was served the fastest. Mo Di chomped down a few and sighed with satisfaction.

“I’m so hungry.”

Mu Tian Heng smiled at him: “How did you get this hungry? You didn’t have a proper lunch?”

“This afternoon Xian Yu Chao said he wanted to try the new eating place near our school so we ordered some takeout from them. But they only delivered it to us after one. And the taste was so bad even Suan Suan ran away after smelling it.”

At the mention of this, Mo Di remembered that Suan Suan was still in the dorm. He said hurriedly: “Brother, I brought Suan Suan to school. Tonight I will sneak him out so you can take him home.”

“Ok.” Mu Tian Heng looked at Mo Di tenderly, “It’ll be the weekend in two days, will you be coming home, little one?”

“Of course.” Mo Di said decisively. Before, even when he was still oblivious about his feelings, he always wanted to return on the weekends, let alone now that he had ulterior motives.

He needed to stir up Mu Tian Heng.

Thinking of this, Mo Di asked Mu Tian Heng with a sweet smile: “Brother, do you like comics or animation?”

“It’s ok. When I was your age over ten years ago.” Mu Tian Heng said and shook his head in the dark, thinking that he was really an old cattle.

Sigh, the eleven years age gap was not small.

“Then you should’ve heard of Spirited Away. it’s going to return to the big screen soon. Shall we go to watch it together?”

“Ok.” 

Mu Tian Heng said warmly to Mo Di: “How’s your new game coming? Do you still need programmers? I’ve just transferred a small group of programmers from the head office to Hua Xia. You can contact them if you need anything.”

Mo Di considered and said: “There’s no need for that. I can still manage for the time being. Furthermore, I don’t have the money or qualifications to hire a senior programmer to work for me. They would not be happy if you force them.”

“Alright, since you’re doing fine then I’ll introduce them to you some other time. But you don’t have to worry about their work ethics. They’re easy to deal with, or rather easily ‘bought’. As long as they are interested and the benefits are fair, they can do any work proficiently.”