CHAPTER 65

Chapter 65

After receiving Mo Di’s call, Mu Tian Heng’s expression changed drastically. 

According to his little one’s character, he would never call him if it was just a minor illness. 

Mu Tian Heng soothed Mo Di with a warm voice while he put on his coat and get ready to depart.

Lai De Si came out of the toilet just in time to see Mu Tian Heng leaving. He asked: “Mu, where are you going? We just came back from work and you’re going out again?”

“The kid is ill, I’m taking him to the hospital.” Mu Tian Heng said as he quickly put on his shoes and turned the doorknob.

“He’s ill?! Wait up, I’m coming too!”

Lai De Si followed in a hurry.

In the meantime, Mo Di was already dressed and carrying the bottle of grapefruit juice down the stairs.

The others wanted to go with him but he insisted that it was just slight discomfort and sent them back.

The dorm’s gate was locked at night and Mo Di had to call the night guard to open it for him in a feeble voice, saying that he needed to go to the hospital. The guard was reluctant at first but once he saw Mo Di’s poor complexion and believed that Mo Di was not feigning to be ill, he hastily went to open the gate for him.

Mo Di thanked the guard and immediately left through the gate.

Mo Di strode steadily as he inhaled and exhaled, gradually relieving the anxiety within. 

He was still questioning his conjecture. Even if he was feeling dizzy and flustered, on top of having an urge to vent his energy by screaming and jumping, this did not conclusively mean that he was drugged.

These symptoms were not particularly alarming. Generally, anyone else who had not experienced what he had from his previous life would not even think anything was out of the ordinary. After all, it was common for one to feel drowsy at night, and yet there was a restlessness or excitement that just kept them awake. 

He did not want to disclose this to the others lest they think that he was too paranoid for going to the hospital over a mere suspicion.

Nonetheless, he could not completely rest assured. The symptoms were too similar to the ones he had when he was first injected with drugs. Although this time it was mild compared to back then, he couldn’t help feeling suspicious.

Hence, it was vital he did a check-up.

As for how he had consumed the drug…

Mo Di slowed down as he looked coldly at the bottle of grapefruit juice in his hand. 

If there really was something in this, most likely it was tied to Du Wen Jing.

He invited the group for hotpot tonight, therefore, everyone ate from the same pot and the utensils were clean. Nothing could go wrong there.

At the karaoke lounge, he did not consume any snacks or fruits. The only thing he had was this drink here. And if that was the case and this bottle was spiked, then Du Wen Jing was definitely the culprit.

Qin Cheng Yi and the likes could control many things but they could not possibly buy over every grocery store and supermarket, much less make sure that the drink he will consume is the one that was drugged.

But he did a thorough check on Du Wen Jing before and nothing was suspicious about her. She was a good-natured person who was once praised by the media for saving a child at an intersection. That was why he asked Du Wen Jing to join the team and even wanted to help her knowing she had a difficult life.