CHAPTER 34

Chapter 34

Mo Di did not go with Chen Zhao and Song Yu to the Mo villa. He told them to meet up in half an hour near the compound. In the meantime, Mo Di hurried to Mu Tian Heng’s company. 

Mu Tian Heng did not expect Mo Di to come looking for him. He happily came down to the reception to fetch Mo Di. 

“Little one, you miss me that much?” Upon seeing Mo Di, Mu Tian Heng’s first reaction was to rub his hair. He said in a doting tone: “have you had your lunch?”

“Not yet.” Mo Di shook his head then shyly scanned the area. Seeing that no one was paying attention to them, he gave a sigh of relief and whispered: “Brother, I have something important to tell you.”

Seeing Mo Di’s secretive posture, Mu Tian Heng chuckled and said: “Come to my office.”

When they reached Mu Tian Heng’s office, Mo Di was about to say something when Mu Tian Heng gave him a flick on the forehead.

Mo Di was dumbfounded. He looked at Mu Tian Heng, completely oblivious of what he was being ‘punished’ for.

“Don’t know your offense yet?”

Mu Tian Heng looked at Mo Di’s confused and innocent expression and the slightly red forehead. Feeling somewhat annoyed for not controlling his strength, he reached to rub the pinkish spot for him. “It’s already past one. Why haven’t you had your lunch yet? Such an irregular eating habit, are you trying to ruin your body?”

Mo Di gazed into Mu Tian Heng’s eyes but felt speechless. His face was dyed red with embarrassment, but unlike the kind when he used to suffocate himself to create, this time it was beyond his control.

“Brother, I….I was too busy today.”

“No matter how busy you are, you still have to eat. I’ll tell Assistant Gao to get lunch for you. Try the roast duck I had before, it’s quite good. You can eat in my lounge later.” Connected to Mu Tian Heng’s office was another room with adequate facilities, a bed, a table, and even a simple bathroom, suitable to take a rest in.

“Brother, I can’t. I’m really busy today. And also I have something urgent.” Mo Di took a deep breath. When his face was less heated, he took a step back.

“My roommate’s uncle is back. We went to pick him up at the airport and later, we’re going to the Mo house.”

“You mean…the one named Song Yu has returned to Hua Xia?” Mu Tian Heng had a restrained look. “Is he going to confront Mo San Zhi now?”

“Um. He wants to settle this once and for all.” Mo Di looked to Mu Tian Heng and said: “Brother, we have agreed to meet up near the Mo house so I have to hurry. Previously I asked brother to help me get a special pinhole camera, do you have it now? I want to bring it along.”

“The kind with wifi charging? I just received it two days ago but it’s in the villa.” Mu Tian Heng frowned, “Little one, you’re planning to put it inside the Mo house?”

“Um. Uncle Song agreed to help.”

Mu Tian Heng’s gaze stayed on Mo Di for a few seconds but did not question him. He rubbed his hair and said: “Come, I’ll send you back to get it.”

Half an hour later, Mo Di took the items, got on a cab, and left for the appointed destination.

When Mo Di arrived, Chen Zhao and Song Yu had been waiting for twenty minutes.

“Sorry I’m late.” Mo Di said apologetically.

“No problem.” Song Yu looked at Mo Di’s backpack and asked: “You’ve brought it?”