CHAPTER 22.3

While the internet curses continued to ferment, Mu Tian Heng and Mo Di were sitting on the sofa of Han Lan Yi. 

Han Lan Yi was the woman Mo Di mentioned before. She was also Zhang Kuang Chang’s mistress. In the beginning, she was quite flustered and impervious to Mu Tian Heng’s questions. Nonetheless, with Mu Tian Heng’s skillful persuasion and the lucrative benefits he offered, she stopped putting on airs and let them in.

“I already said, I don’t know anything. My usual exchange with Zhang Kuang Chang is simply a service in exchange for money. And that stupid fatso is very stingy. He only gives me forty or fifty thousand a month and eight thousand goes to the rent for this place.”

Han Lan Yi lit a cigarette and crossed her legs, looking at Mu Tian Heng with a smile, “But if you’re the one seeking, then I don’t mind taking a little less.”

Mo Di immediately rolled his eyes and shot a glare at Han Lan Yi.

“Ha Ha Ha, I’m sorry, I forgot that there’s still a little brother here.” Han Lan Yi laughed. “Are you an adult yet? You should avoid listening to topics that are not suitable for children. Got it?”

“I thought that you’re a smart person.” Mu Tian Heng said abruptly. He swept a cold look at Han Lan Yi, “but now it seems that’s not the case.”

“You, why are you looking at me like that. I’m not easily scared.” Han Lan Yi’s fingers shook, causing the cigarette’s ashes to fall on her dress, burning a hole. “I already said I don’t know anything! Even if you give me a million yuan, I still do not know anything.”

“It’s a felony to give false evidence!” Mo Di chimed in: “Sister, if you’re helping Zhang Kuang Chang to falsify evidence because you’re trying to avoid certain troubles, when the police found out about this, you’ll be sentenced to jail. You can’t even imagine how hard it is in there!” 

“And I already know that you have proof,” Without waiting for Han Lan Yi’s refutation, Mo Di continued, “you have evidence to prove that Zhang Kuang Chang gave a false statement and framed Mo Di for buying the questions.”

Mu Tian Heng’s eyes narrowed, his family’s little fellow actually knew how to deceive people?

“Nonsense! What does a kid like you know?” Han Lan Yi was obviously flustered. But she kept her composure and said: “I don’t have any evidence. Even if you give me a million, I still won’t have it.”

Mo Di looked at Han Lan Yi quietly without flinching. Han Lan Yi was a very untrusting person. In order to ensure that she would have a way out, she had installed a pinhole camera at home shortly after becoming Zhang Kuang Chang’s mistress. In turn, Zhang Kuang Chang was an arrogant and greasy man who did not take Han Lan Yi seriously; he thought that the place where he was hiding his mistress was suitable to do business transactions. When he brought Ma Lian Chao and Huang Lie Hao’s parents back for the exchange, it was all recorded on the camera.

But after all, Han Lan Yi was still a coward. She only dared to place two cameras, one in the shoe cabinet and the other on the bedroom door frame. Zhang Kuang Chang was not an idiot. He had set up a special room and locked it up with keys in hand, not allowing Han Lan Yi to enter. He would discuss matters there and not tell Han Lan Yi about it.

However, with just the footage captured by the two cameras, it was enough to prove Mo Di’s innocence. That was because afterwards, the police would find a box that was believed to have held the items or cash for the exchange. Huang Li Hao’s father and Ma Lian Chao’s parents, they each should also have one. And their voices were also captured by the cameras in the mistress’s house.