CHAPTER 119

Chapter 119

Edited and Proofread by KitKat

If things were like in the past, the Mo family would have already sent this ‘acquaintance’ off with a brutal beating. But now, no matter how agitated they were, they dared not do anything rash.

Because they were scared. Scared that the man would turn himself in to alleviate his crime.

In fact, this was a little scheme set up by Mo Di.

If they refused to send Mo Liu Gui to a mental hospital, then he would reveal her falsified diagnosis and increase her sentence to at least seven to eight years. All in all, the curtain was closing and Mo Di would never give Mo Liu Gui the chance to escape.

Mo Liu Gui was terrified. She saw that the rest of the family were in silence and panicked. Tears filled her eyes and in her unstable mood, she cursed at the ‘acquaintance’ and tried to chase him out.

Ruan Qing Dan hated the man as well but she knew where they stood and dared not offend him. She held Mo Liu Gui back and said, “Oh daughter, my good daughter, please calm down, alright? Mom will not send you to the mental hospital so stop making a scene…”

The eldest and second aunts did not accompany the others to pick Mo Liu Gui up. They had stayed at home but hearing the conversation, they could easily tell what had happened. They both carried dark thoughts towards Mo Liu Gui, especially the second aunt. She knew that Mo Liu Gui’s diagnosis would definitely have her son’s handiwork work in it. If this matter were to be exposed…

Wouldn’t her son be implicated as well?!

The second aunt began to fret.

Advertisements

She looked at Mo Liu Gui and said in a deliberately ambiguous tone, “Xiao Gui, I know you’ve always been a smart girl since you were little. You should know which is the better choice for you, right? Either be convicted of attempted murder and get an eight years sentence or go live in a hospital Qin Cheng Yi had arranged for you as a vacation. You know what to choose, don’t you?”

“And I also know that you’re very sensible and kind. You won’t knowingly cause your family any troubles, right? Furthermore, there are people who took great risks to get you out. If you’re selfish and refused to go to the mental hospital, aren’t you just repaying their kindness with malice? And Er Qian had been toiling away these past few days for you, you can’t just let his efforts go to waste. If this matter comes to light, you’ll bring down a lot of people with you!”

“Mom, what are you saying?” Mo Er Qian saw Mo Liu Gui’s tears falling and with annoyance, said to the second aunt, “Stop causing anymore trouble, will you?”

The second aunt was flabbergasted. Fearing that her son would refuse to send Mo Liu Gui away, she could no longer maintain the superfluous courtesy and bluntly said, “Are you stupid, huh?! Xiao Gui has already been suspected, if you don’t send her there, what else can you do? You’d rather drag everyone down with you when this matter is exposed?!”

With that, the second aunt looked at Mo Liu Gui again and said, “Xiao Gui, whether it’s for your own good or your brother’s, the right choice is to avoid the limelight. Do you really want to go to jail and destroy the people who cared for you? Xiao Gui, as a human, you must have a conscience.”

“Sister-in-law, what are you saying? Why are you harassing my daughter?! Do you think we’re all dead?” Ruan Qing Dan glared at the second aunt with angry eyes.

“Harassing your daughter? Let me ask you, how many times has your daughter brought trouble to this family? This time, if you don’t send her to the hospital, she’s going to get my son into trouble. If she’s imprisoned and my son is also caught, no one can help her anymore! When that happens, the most miserable one will be your daughter!”