CHAPTER 95

Chapter 95

Edited and Proofread by KitKat

Unlike Qin Cheng Yi who was kept in the police station and the panicking Mo Liu Gui, Mo Di slept through the night peacefully.

The next day, the weather had begun to turn warm, much like the current support for Mo Di. After the scandal, Mo Di’s popularity soared, gaining him a large number of fans. Some were once Mo Liu Gui’s fans but most of them were passers-by who were only interested in the gossip at first. After following this matter to the end, they were truly disgusted with the Mo family and felt that Mo Di was quite a survivor. Since then, the public’s memories of the Mo family were refreshed and their previous deeds were dug up and mentioned over and over again until even those remotely related to them were also under scrutiny.

Mo Di’s unexpected popularity had garnered him over eighteen million fans. Even the game had almost ten million fans. Many came to know the game through the scandal but ended up getting addicted to it after succumbing to their curiosity.

Long time players of the game welcomed their new brethren and together, numerous more fan-sites were created. Many stated that the game was very well made and the most impressive aspect was the plot and gameplay, unlike other popular games that were only filled with beautiful graphics but had nothing else substantial. Game critics also mentioned that the game’s quality was far ahead of the runner-up team and as for the rest of the teams in the competition, it was a wall that they might not be able to overcome.

On the game’s Weibo account, many fans were screaming and asking for an update while a smaller group was just there for Mo Di. After the awards ceremony was broadcasted live in high-definition, those who had caught sight of Mo Di’s outstanding appearance immediately came to like his face. They commented that since there was no new update, he should give them a few selfies as compensation.

Seeing the opportunity to further promote the team, Zhao Chun’s mind had a jolt. She was in charge of their Weibo account and would, from time to time, post photos of the group working. Now onwards, she started deliberately posting photos with Mo Di in them. Of course this had to be approved by Mo Di prior to posting.

Advertisements

Four days later was the weekend. Mo Di took the train to find Mu Tian Heng.

Usually, Mu Tian Heng would definitely come to pick him but lately, he was very busy. He did not even have a lot of time to chat with him on the phone. Mo Di asked what he was busy with and Mu Tian Heng only told him that it was a big project and wanted to keep the details a secret until a later date.

Mo Di did not ask further into Mu Tian Heng’s work but he knew that to keep Mu Tian Heng this busy, it had to be something big.

When Mo Di arrived at Mu Tian Heng’s company, he was still in a meeting. While waiting for him in his office, Mo Di noted down the new layout for the game he had just thought of.

Just as Mu Tian Heng came out of the meeting, he saw Mo Di sitting in his office and typing intently on his laptop. He walked over briskly and rubbed his hair, “Have you waited for long?”

“No, just half an hour.” Mo Di raised his head and smiled at Mu Tian Heng, “Brother, are you done with the meeting?”

“En. Are you hungry?” Mu Tian Heng looked at his watch and saw that it was already 12:50, “What do you want for lunch?”

“I’m not hungry. I had a small piece of cake before coming here.”

Mo Di saved his file and closed his laptop. “Brother, let’s go for hotpot. We don’t have to wait long and it’s perfect for this cold weather.”