CHAPTER 89

Chapter 89

Edited and Proofread by KitKat

“Xiao Di, what plan do you have in mind?” Zhao Chun was the most enthusiastic. She pulled off the dried face mask and said, “This is very difficult to disprove. Why do you think all those celebrities kept claiming to have depression whenever their scandals were leaked?”

“That’s right. Depression is a difficult illness to refute…” Zhang Jie Meng advised him with care, “And if you don’t have ironclad proof when discrediting her claim, it could come back to bite you. Even if there are those who believe you, the majority will still side with her. Depression is quite controversial and claiming to have it is almost equivalent to winning.”

The others also cast Mo Di a worried look.

They were not very smart and all they could do was show some concern.

“It’ll be ok. Don’t worry. Although I don’t have a plan in mind yet, I still believe that the truth will always prevail.” Mo Di smiled, “Alright, if there’s nothing else, you all should wash up and get some rest. It’s late and we’ll officially be resuming work again tomorrow.”

They looked at each other and said nothing. 

Mo Di waved at them then retreated back to his room and locked the door.

Advertisements

Turning around, his face completely changed. 

Mo Liu Gui’s move this time was indeed troublesome and to be frank, it was quite distasteful.

It seemed Mo Liu Gui was prepared to deal with him head-on.

Before, when she approached Ye Cheng Feng to have the rules of the game competition changed, Mo Di suspected that she was also reborn. And later when she accidentally let slip a few more clues, his suspicion only grew. But then she was inadequate in dealing with a lot of things for someone with the knowledge of rebirth, and so Mo Di conjectured that Mo Liu Gui was not reborn but for some reason, she was gradually getting back the memories of their previous life.

But regardless of whether she was reborn or was getting her memories back, it was unquestionable that she knew he had taken a different path in this life.

Mo Liu Gui probably deduced that he was the same as her, either reborn or was remembering things from their previous life.

And her response to this? 

There was no guilt, no intent to compensate nor seek peace but to once again stigmatize him and make him suffer?

He really wanted to know what she was thinking.

Was she unhappy that he dared to go against his original fate? Or, that by doing so, he changed the trajectory of the world, sending her goons to prison and gravely altering her perfect life? Was this why she resented him and decided to destroy him after all?

But what did she expect? Him to stay as her brother so she can display her kindness while letting her admirers destroy him? Was he supposed to obediently wait and relive everything that happened? Did he have to be ignored, abused, tortured, and eventually die in a place where no one cared just so she could use him as the stepping stone to perfect her life?

What a joke. Mo Di sneered.

He went to turn on the faucet and washed his face.

Truthfully, this was actually nothing. In his previous life, even when she did not directly jab at him, he would still be abused. So now that she had shown her true colors, he could easily accept it.