CHAPTER 87

Chapter 87

Edited and Proofread by KitKat

This past year was the happiest Mo Di had ever felt in two lifetimes.

There was no abuse, insult or isolation. Every minute and every second could make him smile unconditionally.

“Brother, I want to pitch in.”

Mo Di and Mu Tian Heng had been idle until the evening when they decided to roll up their sleeves and prepare a New Year’s Eve dinner.

Mu Tian Heng looked at Mo Di who had been following behind him like a tail and smiled. He gently pinched the soft cheek that was too enticing to the touch.

“Alright, but I don’t think we should make too much. Six dishes for the three of us should be ok.”

“Will that be enough? Let’s add two more.” Mo Di had always wanted to have a New Year’s Eve dinner with a tableful of food for everyone, he would get a little sense of happiness from seeing the array of different dishes. “Two appetizers, six main dishes, and a soup, how’s that?”

“Alright.” Mu Tian Heng rubbed Mo Di’s hair lovingly, “But let’s not make it too complicated. Let’s make something that we both can finish within an hour.”

“En!” Mo Di nodded excitedly.

Advertisements

REPORT THIS AD

At this time, Lai De Si popped his head up and said with a sly smile, “I won’t disturb you guys in your own personal world of two. I’ll bring Suan Suan out for a walk and wait for you to finish…”

“Come here and wash the vegetables.” Mu Tian Heng cut him off and gave him a commanding stare, “Don’t even try to skip work, or else you’ll also be dining with Suan Suan for dinner while looking at us eat.”

“Ai!” Lai De Si howled, “I just wanted to give you two some alone time!”

“Cut your excuses and get to work. We’ll be eating in an hour’s time.” Mu Tian Heng threw a bag of potatoes at him, “My Mo Di is eleven years your junior, how could you have the decency to sit around while he cooks for you?” 

Lai De Si did not argue anymore, “…” Fine, that does sound reasonable.

Their New Year dinner was rich in flavors and variety. Mo Di showed off his skills with a few high-level dishes. There was a roiled spicy fish head, boiled fish fillet, grilled ribs with garlic, baked shrimps with cheese, fried lettuce, to name a few.

Lai De Si was drooling at the wide selection of dishes with attractive colors and fragrances.

“This smells too good!” Lai De Si swallowed his saliva but did not dig in. Instead, he separated the dishes and snapped a photo for each of them.

Advertisements

REPORT THIS AD

Even when Mo Di reached out to pour himself a bowl of soup, he was stopped by Lai De Si. “Wait, Xiao Di, don’t stick your hand out. Let me finish taking photos then you can eat.”

Mo Di: “…”

Mu Tian Heng came up from behind him and snatched the phone from his hand. He then threw it directly on the sofa behind.

“AH!!!”

Lai De Si wailed and ran to save his phone. 

“Mu Tian Heng you animal! I’m not done yet!!!”

Mu Tian Heng ignored him and went straight to Mo Di. “You wanted some soup? I’ll get it for you. Eat something else first.”

Mo Di looked at Lai De Si and couldn’t help whispering to Mu Tian Heng, “Brother, I think something is wrong with Lai De Si. Usually, he would be the first to move his chopsticks…”