CHAPTER 116

Chapter 116

Edited and Proofread by KitKat

It made sense that Qin Cheng Yi had chosen the storeroom keeper, he was easy to control and get rid of. However, when things derailed from the original plan, it was a totally different matter.

In the present situation, Zhang Long was a very important and easy to handle witness to the police.

Zhang Long not only divulged everything he knew but also described Mo Liu Gui clearly.

With his account of what happened, the nature of Mo Liu Gui’s crime had changed. 

After all, she had briskly walked into the storeroom to have a private conversation with Mo Di and then swaggered away. Moreover, Brother Huang had been very secretive and respectful when speaking to her. All that proved that she was not just an ordinary passerby. More like a mastermind or an accomplice coming to watch them deal with Mo Di or to laugh at him.

And from Mo Di and the Mo family’s enmity, she did have a motive to harm Mo Di.

Mo Liu Gui was frantic when she was taken to the interrogation room. She never would’ve thought that things would turn out this way. Mo Di’s hands and feet were tied up and his mouth was taped, how could he have escaped?!

Mo Liu Gui did not know that Brother Huang was dead. She thought that Mo Di had escaped from the storeroom and wanted his revenge by calling the police on her.

And so, Mo Liu Gui decided to be glib.

She knew that Brother Huang was Qin Cheng Yi’s confidant and would never sell her out. As long as she claimed that she only went to the storeroom by accident and ran away due to fear, she shouldn’t be convicted of any crime, right?

As for the other man, she was sure that Brother Huang would warn him not to talk nonsense. Furthermore, all they did was kidnapping, not murder. The charges would be a lot lighter and after they had obediently stayed in jail for a few years, Qin Cheng Yi would give them a sum of money as compensation. If they were smart, they would know what to do.

Mo Liu Gui stabilized her mentality and comforted herself that everything would be alright, nothing bad will happen. 

And so while being questioned, she lied and strongly insisted that she came across the kidnaping by accident and immediately ran away because she was too scared. Anyway, Mo Di had no evidence that she had entered the storeroom and said those things to him.

In truth, if Brother Huang did not die, he could easily keep the storeroom keeper in check. And if Mo Di did not have the evidence, she might indeed be exonerated. 

Too bad that Brother Huang had died and Zhang Long, the storeroom keeper, was already scared silly. He had answered every interrogation question with honesty. And Mo Di even had solid proof of her entering the room. 

Sister Meng began Mo Liu Gui’s interrogation right after Zhang Long’s. She looked at the timid and red-eyed Mo Liu Gui who was telling lies with a natural talent and sneered. Sister Meng put aside her notebook and said to the policeman next to her, “Han meng, you continue. I’m going to get to a cup of tea. Looks like we’re going to have a very long chat with Miss Mo today.”

“Understood.” Han Meng knew what Sister Meng meant. He smiled and handed her his mug, “Ma’am, I’d like a cup as well.”

Sister Meng took his cup then glanced at Mo Liu Gui. 

“Alright, wait here.”

…..

Qin Cheng Yi was informed of Mo Liu Gui’s arrest on the same day. He did not even have time to throw a tantrum and immediately headed for the police station. On the way there, he had contacted several old acquaintances of the Qin family who were in the force.