CHAPTER 96

Chapter 96

Edited and Proofread by KitKat

Qin Guang Jie was admitted to the hospital and the Qin Enterprise was in complete chaos.

After regaining consciousness, he struggled to sit up from his hospital bed and began making phone calls non-stop, trying to find ways to keep Qin Cheng Yi out of jail and keep his company in shape, but…

It was harder than he thought. Qin Guang Jie soon realized that he was powerless; whether it was protecting his son or the Qin Group.

Advertisements

Mo Di completely let go of matters regarding the Qin family and let Mu Tian Heng deal with them however he liked. He shifted his focus back to the game competition. 

After the quarter-finals, only eight teams were left and the number would be reduced to five after the semi-finals. The semi-final would be a step up from the previous rounds and each team would have at least three promotional videos which would have the chance of being advertised on various media throughout the country.

Furthermore, investors were also interested in turning one of the games into a movie. Being the top in the quarter-final round and also currently the most talked-about game in the competition, many directors and filmmakers were yearning to have a chance to work with Mo Di’s game

All this was well but Mo Di was concerned with something else. The Lantern Festival was coming which also meant that their school would be starting soon but the competition was still ongoing.

Mo Di mulled over this and finally made a proposal to the competition committee. He would attend school on the weekdays and come back to the base on the weekends for the video shoot. 

The committee staff wanted to reject his proposal right away but considering how popular Mo Di’s team had become and the excellence of their game, the staff decided to pass on his request to the higher-ups and let them make the decision.

After two days, Mo Di’s request was approved in the form of a new regulation being implemented. The regulation stated that students could return to their schools during the weekdays and come back on the weekends. A special card would be issued so that they could come and go without being questioned. However, this regulation was quite redundant because it only applied to Mo Di and his roommates as no one else in the other teams were still in school.

At the same time, Mo Di also received another piece of good news.

Qin Cheng Yi’s crime had been put on record and only his prison time was left to be decided in court.

It could be seen that Qin Guang Jie was truly concerned about his son. While struggling between his company and Qin Cheng Yi’s case, he had decided to focus everything on his son instead, relenting the entertainment and real estate companies to the acquisition. 

Ironically, no matter how good he treated Qin Cheng Yi and how much he had to sacrifice for him, in Qin Cheng Yi’s eyes, he was nothing compared to Mo Liu Gui. If Qin Guang Jie dared to harm her, Qin Cheng Yi certainly would not hesitate to cut down his own father for her.

As for the Mo Liu Gui of his heart…

She was finally being taken in for questioning by the police.

Mo Liu Gui was being charged for defaming Mo Di but it was quite a difficult case because she had been very clever with her words. She had never directly denigrated Mo Di. Her words were always implicative and she claimed that the netizens were the ones who had wrongly interpreted everything that she had said. She stated that she had asked them to stop abusing Mo Di but the netizens over-exaggerated everything and did as they pleased but that she had not encouraged any of their malicious behaviors towards Mo Di.