CHAPTER 88

Chapter 88

Edited and Proofread by KitKat

“Nothing! Really! We weren’t doing anything! Really!” Chen Zhao swallowed his saliva and laughed, “Haha, what can just the few of us do?”

“They were probably watching some internet videos.” Zhao Chun was leaning against the door and massaging her face. She put a facial mask on and continued, “I just happened to hear something about a variety show and the mention of a certain Mo family.”

Mo Di’s eyes slightly changed. He asked with a firm expression, “Tell me what’s going on?”

“I, I…. I have nothing to do with it!”

Xian Yu Chao snuck behind Lin Jun Feng and stammered, “I, I, I don’t know anything! I’m innocent!”

Pang Qiang Lang glanced at Lin Jun Feng and realized he would not be able to fit behind him anymore and looked around for another spot to hide.

Lin Jun Feng was turning green. He grabbed both Chen Zhao and Xian Yu Chao and pushed them to the front, “Shoo, shoo, shoo, how the heck are you two innocent?!”

Han Chao, who was the most mature amongst them decided to be their spokesperson to clear up the air, “Xiao Di, about this, let me explain.”

The others stayed as quiet and still as a statue.

Mo Di frowned, “Go ahead.”

Advertisements

Han Chao fidgeted and said with a little hesitation, “It started when we went for a stroll this morning and overheard a couple talking. The man was saying something about a special online interview that would feature a well-received new actress. He even said the actress was so popular that she might help boost the program’s ratings.”

“En. And?”

“The person also said that there will be a lucky draw event and the winner will be able to get the actress’s signed photograph, and it’s a never before shown photo.”

Han Chao was becoming increasingly embarrassed. 

Wanting to save Han Chao from his predicament, Pang Qiang Lang stepped in, “It’s Xian Yu Chao who wanted the photo! He’s the one who went over to ask about the show.”

“Who said I wanted the photo?! It was curiosity! I was just curious!” Xian Yu Chao stuck out his neck.

Pang Qiang Lang ignored him. “The man told us the name of the program but no one knew who the guest would be. This was to give the audience and fans a surprise. Her name would only be announced two hours before the broadcast.”

“Yes, it was the Salted Fish who went to ask about the show! After coming back, he camped in front of the computer until eight-thirty when they revealed the name of the special guest… Turns out, that person was Mo Liu Gui!”

“Xian Yu Chao told us about this and we had a discussion… We decided to watch it for a bit…” Chen Zhao continued timidly, “That’s what happened.”

“En, the interview lasted thirty minutes. We watched it till the end and that’s when you came back,” Han Chao added.

“So… That’s all there is to this?”

Mo Di was at a loss for words. Although he hated that the people around him were blindly addicted to Mo Liu Gui in his previous life, he had absolute trust in his friends in this life. He believed that they would not be smitten with Mo Liu Gui and stab him in the back. It was just watching an interview, did they have to be so scared of him knowing?