CHAPTER 97

Chapter 97

Edited and Proofread by KitKat

The meeting with Gu Ran Ju was completely ignored by Mo Di. He had lunch with everyone and in the evening, went to meet Mu Tian Heng.

He wanted to spend the Lantern Festival with him but this time, they could only stay together for ten minutes before Mu Tian Heng had to get back to work.

Mu Tian Heng felt guilty for not being able to accompany Mo Di but Mo Di was satisfied with any amount of time he could spend with him.

Mu Tian Heng held him tight for a long time before going back to deal with the acquisition.

Fortunately, Mu Tian Heng’s sacrifice was not in vain.

On the day that Mo Di’s University reopened, an explosive piece of news swept the nation: The entertainment and real estate companies that were once under the Qin Group had now been relinquished to Impression!!!

The news was both shocking and confounding. Many did not understand why a software company like Impression would be interested in the entertainment and real estate businesses. And to think that the Qin Group would actually let them take over two of their most profitable businesses!

Although the Qin Group’s stock had fallen sharply recently, acquiring the two companies that accounted for thirty percent of their income was still a very tall order.

To resolve this unrest, Mu Tian Heng already had his public relations department prepare a press conference and at the same time help promote Impression together with the two newly renamed companies, Juan Di Entertainment and Juan Di Real Estate. 

(TN: Regarding the name Juan Di 眷第, it is a show of affection towards Mo Di. Juan means to have tender feelings for and Di is obviously Mo Di’s name.)

Mo Di only knew that Mu Tian Heng had renamed the two companies as such through the news. He blushed but was too embarrassed to confirm with Mu Tian Heng the meaning behind the name. 

Coincidentally, Mu Tian Heng sent him a message through WeChat.

He first asked about his school life and told him to send him a copy of his class schedule. Then he texted: The word juan from Juan Di means to love, as for the word di, Little One, you should understand what it means, right?

Mo Di’s face turned hotter.

But before he could send the reply ‘I know’, he received another message from Mu Tian Heng.

[It means I love you.]

Mo Di’s head was buzzing and his face turned scarlet.

Lin Jun Feng happened to be passing by and saw Mo Di turning red. He walked over and said, “Xiao Di, our school’s heating is pretty strong, you should take off your jacket if it’s too hot for you.”

“!” Mo Di was too flustered to think. He nodded and agreed readily, “I’m taking it off now. You should quickly get going.”

Lin Jun Feng saw Mo Di pulling down his jacket zipper and left without saying anything else.

Advertisements

Jing Da’s class schedule had become increasingly intense but this would not pose a problem to its students, after all, being admitted here meant that they could handle this curriculum. However, being able to excel academically while having fun with extracurricular activities like Mo Di was not something every student could do. 

Mo Di could efficiently work on the game, do homework, and even take care of the group’s projects with ease. Much unlike his roommates who had been having a hard time adjusting to this new and hectic schedule. Luckily for them, Mo Di had been in charge of their group work which gave them one less thing to worry about.