CHAPTER 22.2

“Actually there’s a surveillance camera at the gate.” 

After coming back inside the villa, Mu Tian Heng took a bottle of milk from the fridge and placed it in the microwave for heating. 

“Surveillance?” Mo Di sat on the sofa and looked up in a daze.

Of course, Mo Di knew that there was surveillance outside the villa. Otherwise, he would not have particularly poured out his childhood stories and questioned the Mo family’s prejudice against him. This was to make the Mos reveal how different their brain circuits were from ordinary people. This would allow him to make good use of the recording.

“That’s right. I will trim the video of what happened in front of the villa.” Mu Tian Heng came over and sat beside Mo Di, looking at him: “If I release this video online at the right time, the Mo family’s plan to desecrate your name, before and after breaking off the relationship, will fail. After all, there are still people in this world with normal three views. Most will not agree with their ridiculous and disgusting logic and ideas.”

“But first, I want to ask you, little fellow, what is it that you want? If you don’t want to break off the relationship and still want to go home, then it’s not suitable to release this video. We have to think of another…”

“I don’t want to go back.” There was a little shiver in his voice as Mo Di said with red eyes and tightly clasped hands. He then said firmly in a loud voice: “I won’t go back!”

“They don’t like me. Ever since I was young, they’ve never liked me and would frequently hit me and scold me. I used to fantasize that one day they will also love me but now I know that’s impossible.” Mo Di wiped his eyes with his arms, “Now they have firmly believed that I bought the questions and cheated. They want me to admit something that I did not do, want me to go to jail. I don’t want to have this kind of family anymore. They are not my family!” 

Mu Tian Heng felt a tugging heartache and yearned to hold Mo Di in his arms but in the end, he only reached out and gently held Mo Di’s shoulder, “I get it.”

“Brother, do you think everyone on the internet is criticizing me right now?” Mo Di abruptly raised his head and looked at Mu Tian Heng with fear, “Are the police also on their way to catch me?”

Not waiting for Mu Tian Heng to talk, Mo Di continued: “I studied for it, It was all my own efforts! I have never met that man, I never…no wait.”

Mo Di stopped mid-sentence and stayed stunned. After five or six seconds, he turned around and looked at Mu Tian Heng: “Brother, I seemed to have met that man, Zhang Kuang Chang, before.”

Mu Tian Heng concealed his almost uncontrollable anger and heartache, smiled before Mo Di could see it and said gently: “Are you sure you’ve seen him before?”

“Yes…I remember seeing him.” Mo Di nodded. “I think it was the second day I started living in the apartment you rented for me. After school, I got on the wrong bus and when I realized it, I was already in the eastern suburbs. I waited for a long time but the return bus didn’t come. I got hungry but there were no fast food stores nearby, so I went to a bakery at the intersection and bought some donuts.”

“While waiting for the clerk to wrap it up, I happened to see several people with suitcases coming out of a place called Shui Quan Community diagonally opposite the bakery. One of them seemed to be the man named Zhang Kuang Chang, next to him was another man and a woman. The suitcases they had were pretty big so I took a longer look.”

“Shui Quan Community?” Mu Tian Heng’s eyes were focused, “The Shui Quan Community on Shui Huai Road?”

“En.” Mo Di thought back and nodded.