CHAPTER 56

Chapter 56

With the conclusive evidence, Mo Si Lang was officially arrested and detained in a holding cell, awaiting his verdict.

The Eldest Aunt was in hysterics.

Some time ago when Mo San Zhi was jailed, she stood as an onlooker and enjoyed the drama. After all, causing a stain on the family reputation might cause him to lose his inheritance rights. At that time, she was a little contemptuous seeing the once noble second aunt reduced to a state of begging and crying.

But now that her son was arrested, she had to discard her calm and elegance and begged the patriarch to save her son.

But how could the Mo patriarch be bothered?

The Mo enterprise was in a mess. The company’s stock fell sharply. Several major shareholders were demanding an explanation and had already started selling their shares. Without Qin Cheng Yi pumping a large amount of capital into their company and also reacquiring their shares, the Mo family would be destroyed by now.

However, even with Qin Cheng Yi’s help, the market value of the Mo Group was now only half compared to its golden period. Their financial resources were no longer comparable with other second class families and they could barely be considered a part of this circle.

Advertisements

REPORT THIS AD

The eldest aunt was crying her heart out only to be returned with the patriarch’s rebuke and the Mo second aunt’s sarcasm.

“You still have the guts to cry in front of me! Look at how you educate your son! The evidence is irrefutable, tell me, what do you want me to do?!” the Mo grandfather slammed his fist on the table twice in anger. “Look at what your son did! Look at the harm he has caused the Mo family!”

“Father, this is not entirely Si Lang’s fault!”

The eldest aunt wept: “Father… the Mo family’s downfall was San Zhi and the second brother’s family’s fault. If they did not try to scam a marriage from other noble families and San Zhi did not try to harm Mo Di, our family would not have fallen to such a state in the first place!”

The moment the second aunt heard this, she exploded into a rage: “Sister-in-law, you’re wrong! Our San Zhi was only seduced by that male vixen! He was not trying to scam anyone into a marriage! You’re just trying to pull my San Zhi into the mud because you can’t stand the truth about your son! You should be careful in case karma falls on your eldest son!”

“What is that supposed to mean? Are you cursing my son?!” The eldest aunt was furious to the point she wanted to rip off the second aunt’s mouth.

Ruan Qing Dan stepped in to mediate: “Sisters-in-law, please stop fighting. Don’t you think the family already had enough troubles?”

“Who do you think you are?!” Before, the eldest aunt would tolerate her considering she was Mo Liu Gui’s mother, but now she was both enraged and devastated, she could no longer maintain her courtesy towards Ruan Qing Dan and pushed her aside without hesitation.

Ruan Qing Dan was appalled that the eldest aunt would be this impolite towards her. She was caught off guard and fell to her knees, hitting the edge of the table. She cried out in pain.

“What right do you have to talk to us that way?! Your husband framed Mo Di and was the first to be locked up! That was the start of our family’s downfall!” The Mo eldest aunt was getting annoyed with Ruan Qing Dan’s waterworks and her trying to look delicate and coquettish. In fact, she had been sick of it for a long time.

“And don’t forget your Xiao Gui stepped on my son to whitewash her image! I doted on her so much and yet she used my son and let him go to jail! How could she do that?!”