CHAPTER 38

Chapter 38

“Well, I have some in my thermos. You can use it later.” Xian Yu Chao said to Zhao Chun Cheng.

“Thank you.”

After saying his thanks, Zhao Chun Cheng went to use the bathroom. When he came out, he went to where Mo Di was standing to get the thermos.

“Ai ai ai, not that one. That’s Mo Di’s. Mine is the one with the blue band and sun motif.” Seeing Zhao Chun Cheng almost took the wrong bottle, Xian Yu Chao stopped him in time.

“Sorry.” Zhao Chun Cheng smiled awkwardly and went over to Xian Yu Chao’s bed to get the thermos. He randomly picked a topic and said: “I saw there are several types of shampoos in your bathroom. You guys seemed quite particular about this. Everyone in my dorm just shares a bottle of Rejoice.”

“It’s not that many, we only have three types.” Lin Jun Feng said as he climbed onto the bed, causing it to shake momentarily. “What I use is the Clear promotion pack from the supermarket which Salted Fish shamelessly uses as well. Chen Zhao that stinker uses some sort of foreign brand of men’s shampoo. Ai, every one of them just makes this father worry ….”

“Then the Beike bottle is Mo Di’s? Isn’t that a children’s shampoo?” Zhao Chun Cheng laughed and said.

“That’s because he’s too thrifty. That bottle was something he won from a supermarket raffle which he just didn’t want to waste.” Lin Jun Feng said and then sighed: “I suddenly feel a pain in my chest. Xiao Di is so thrifty and he still sent us red packets which we just accepted.”

Xian Yu Chao clicked his tongue twice and said: “Don’t pretend to be decent, you gambling king!”

“Let’s treat Xiao Di to some food when he gets back then.” Chen Zhao said: “How about the self-service BBQ place behind our school?”

The three held a meeting on how to treat Mo Di. Zhao Chun Cheng stood to one side and after a while, unable to join in, left with Xian Yu Chao’s thermos.

Meanwhile, Mo Di went to see Pang Qiang Lang and Han Chao right after he left the dorm.

Because of the pressure from Mo Di, Pang Qiang Lang finally made up his mind to have an upfront conversation with his parents. In exchange for enduring a soft beating, he was given a year of total freedom. He now lived in Han Chao’s rented apartment near his university.

“You’ll never guess how mad my mom was. You only saw her lady-like demeanor right? When she gets mad, it was almost like the earth exploding, no, more like the universe exploding!” Pang Qiang Lang pulled up his sleeve, “See, my mom gave me this with a clothes hanger.”

“…” Mo Di looked at the pinkish scratch mark and thought to himself without any sympathy: how light.

“Hai…” after Pang Qiang Lang was done with his complaints, he huddled his legs on the sofa and started eating watermelon.

“But the good thing is she eventually agreed and gave me a year to achieve something with my art and earn four hundred thousand, if not I’ll be shoved right back to high school immediately. Even if I’m super overaged, I’ll have to repeat until I can pass the College Entrance Exam! That’s why Xiao Di, to me, you’re extremely important! In this competition, we have to advance and at least get a good ranking at all costs. If not, I’ll be very very miserable.”

Han Chao at this moment suddenly yelled at him: “Pang Qiang Lang you’re dripping watermelon juice all over the sofa! And put down your legs!” 

Pang Qiang Lang looked down and saw two red droplets of watermelon stains. He quickly put down his legs and said apologetically: “I’ll wash it for you tonight, ok?”.”