CHAPTER 113

Chapter 113

Edited and Proofread by KitKat

The fatter man in the yellow shirt began to turn pale. He looked at the skinny drug addict-like middle-aged man next to him, beckoning him to turn the female student away.

The short and skinny man was the storeroom keeper of the nursing home who had been bought. In his forties, he still had no wife or children. He spent his days being high and having fun with prostitutes, burning away all his savings. A typical example of a failure.

He had agreed to commit murder not only because he was bewitched by the enigmatic man but also because of the money he was offered. Furthermore, he would not be jailed and could be freed after staying in the mental hospital for half a year. When he was released, he could have enough money to marry a young wife and indulge in his latest hobby of gambling.

All in all, this greedy, incompetent, good-for-nothing man with no conscience did not waste a lot of Qin Cheng Yi’s time and saliva to persuade him to do the deed. 

Advertisements

The skinny man immediately understood what the other man was beckoning him to do. He gave Mo Di a threatening stare then turned to open the door.

“What is it?! What are you knocking for?!”

The scrawny storeroom keeper shouted loudly with a mouth full of yellow teeth. Seeing Mo Liu Gui at the door, the man said to himself that when he had the money, it’d be no problem to get himself a young and beautiful college student like this as his wife.

Mo Liu Gui was only naive on the surface, in truth, she was very perceptive. The moment she saw the way the man was looking at her, she knew what he was thinking which made her incredibly disgusted.

The storeroom keeper was about to drive Mo Liu Gui away when the cellphone in his pocket rang.

He looked back at the man in the room and saw him nodding, telling him to get her the items so as not to make a scene.

“Brooms is it?” The keeper turned back and stared at Mo Liu Gui with an annoyed look. “I’ll go get it. You wait out here.”

“Thank You, Uncle,” Mo Liu Gui smiled but she was not happy one bit. The man was looking at her with smitten eyes before but his attitude took a sudden turn and became rude. Is there something wrong with his brain?

The keeper went to a cabinet behind the door and took three brooms from it. He went back to Mo Liu Gui and threw it at her feet. 

Mo Liu Gui forced another smile and said, “We need three more mops…”

Bang!

Another loud noise came from inside and this time, it was followed by a faint murmur, like someone was trying to make a sound while being gagged.

Mo Liu Gui was starting to sense that something was amiss. She saw that there was panic on the man’s face. When he looked back at her, he had a flustered look and even anger in his eyes, a reaction which was not akin with professional killers.

The man immediately pushed her away, “Go away! Get lost! There’s no mop. Take the brooms and go!”

Mo Liu Gui staggered back when she was pushed. She was quite bitter but at the same time, she knew that something was wrong. It looked like someone was kidnapped and being held inside the storeroom. 

In her head, she remembered the news of a high schooler being kidnapped and how her rescuer, a white-collar woman, was highly praised by the media for her bravery. Mo Liu Gui wanted that.