11 ♡ 101 REASONS; TO AND NOT TO

101 REASONS; TO AND NOT TO

From a business project choir to an NGO handling primary school, things changed fast. It was the right thing to do, and he did it.

Arnav had handled the things around the village, the troubles, and the land dispute, Arjun and Viraj(grandfather) had done what they could from home, like connecting the party leaders, who could bring the village heads in line.

The Vansh weren't at the top of the business for no reason, so of course seeing people the way they needed to be seen and using some power in their hands to control the ruckus was all it took.

"Again, for the nth time. Stop staring at him like that. It's creepy."

Mahira jerked from her thoughts at her friend Anusha's comment.

"I am not staring. I am just observing. " Mahira exclaimed.

"Really... it didn't seem like that. It turns out Mr. Raguvanshi is a nice guy, after all, rich businessman or not he has a good heart." Anusha replied.

And that made Mahira huff and sigh again. She knew her friend Anusha was right. It turns out that Mr Raguvanshi was a very nice guy.

And that was now piercing into her mind as a problem.

A week of him being in her home. A week of him. From the beginning onwards, even when most of their interactions were heated arguments, Arnav was nice to her and her family. She knew she was reading him wrong, picturing him as the wrong guy, and then one fine day, he saved her from almost drowning to death. Him being a guest at her home, he was everything opposite to the rich, brat, egoistic, shark of a man that she imagined him to be.

And now he had made the whole issue of the village landlords who stood against schools and education for kids and women of certain parts of the villages, against which her parents had been fighting, for all their life as she had seen, a mere silly thing and had made it right.

Mahira glanced at Arnav who stood with his hands on the trunk of a jeep, talking to some of his workers with construction hats, and the village landlords who always fought her on the idea of school, stood behind him listening keenly to each word of his as if Arnav was digging gold.

"Didi, Chai." She jerked her head again in the voice. It was a child, Pooja, from the village. She was offering tea to everyone here along with her parents.

Somehow, happiness and peace plunged into Mahira's mind on seeing Pooja, and not only her, every woman from the village who always had a sulking face, was now merry.

"What's with that smile, Pooja?." Anusha asked.

"That bhaiya said tomorrow, we will get to meet someone who is going to measure us for school uniforms, and then at the end of the week, we will get books. We will start going to school soon. And Amma got a job at school. So I will get more toys now."

Pooja was a little child who always used to stand in front of her father's tea stall, witnessing girls of her age going to school while she couldn't. She was seven and had already missed the kindergarten and pre-kg classes, but now seeing her face, one thing was clear: whoever Mr Raguvanshi was, he had made this little girl's happiness have no bounds and a hundred others from the village happy.

Pooja ran away to her mother.

"See, Mr Raguvanshi turned out to be a saviour for all of them," Anusha said, and Mahira couldn't disagree.

"He was a saviour to me, too," Mahira said in a low whisper, thinking about the whole drowning incident.

Anusha had a sly smile on her face. She knew her best friend, Mahira, better than Mahira herself.