62. Married and in Love

(Please do vote)

MARRIED AND IN LOVE

Ahaana's POV

There wasn't a face without a wide blushing smile when Arjun and I sat opposite each other separated by a curtain of jasmine garlands.

I smiled, no but blushed, like a gushing needy child who got her favourite present. I looked around at each and every one. Every face had a smile. It overwhelmed me to finally see a lot of smiling faces truthfully happy for my happiness for once.

As the Pandit continued to recite prayers, I patiently waited for the moment when the separation between us would go down for us to see each other.

It was a formality as we already saw each other. Mind blown by each other's presence were both of us, who couldn't take their eyes off each other. There wasn't any shyness or difficulty, either the awkwardness of the gushing guests and loud awws, but we stared at each other, admiring to the fullest, in complete desire, love and passion until we were separated.

I sat on one side of the flower curtain with my family. My dadi sat by my side and on my other side Mahira. Jaypal uncle, aunty and my cousins to my back, my best friends Nikitha and Dheeraj just behind them.

Arjun along with his whole family was on the other side of the curtain. Through the small gaps of the jasmine buds, I continuously stared at him.

When our family around us got involved in doing all the rituals without any bother I watched him, my soon-to-be husband.

And with a constant subtle and sweet smile he watched my every action.

It made me feel silly, sweet and loved.

"According to the bride's customs her brothers should come forward" the priest said waking me up from my dreamland.

An uneasiness that wasn't there until then spread over my veins. I glanced at my grandmother who was by my side and then my uncle. From a little behind I could see my mother's face too. So much for our Southern traditions. Dadi, my uncle and my aunty were more south and I was brought up around them. This was something I was prepared for, but still, it startled me.

I shifted my veil a little to see Mahira.

"Is this the time?" She asked,

I smiled and nodded. She definitely is my cheeni.

I shifted a little and made space for her to fish her hands inside the small bag I had kept by my side. She took out the scroll that I had prepared and eyed me again. I nodded and she smiled.

She collected her heavy lehenga to one side before she stood up, gaining the attention of everyone. Through the small gaps of the flower curtain, I could see the careful and soft gase of Arjun unwaveringly on me.