Chapter 40

Please do vote, share and comment

RED HUE

Ahaana's POV

"Scalpel",

Back in my OT, in my scrubs to cut and open and it feels good. I have been back on my full schedule after the busy Rokka week. This is where I recuperate.

All my life to balance my slipping mind and the loneliness I focused on what I wanted to become. At first, academics was something that kept me so busy, busy enough that my mind never slipped to anything that made me sad and yearned for. Slowly I found my way to this world of mine.

"BP and heart rate back to normal. Vitals are good" my intern said,

I gave him a nod and glanced at the screen that took a quick internal scan.

"There, the blockage is cleared", I said, showing my intern batch.

"Will you be able to stitch him back",

"Yes mam",

I remove my mask and surgical gown and shove them in the basket before moving out to scrub my hands. Back-to-back surgery was thrilling and made me feel recuperating at the same time, drained.

"That was a nice save", Dr Sidharth, the new guy and the head of orthopaedics said. I was so excited today when I came to know my schedule, I was assigned for surgery along with Dr Sidharth. I have been following his research and studying his theories from my intern period and today was a dream come true.

I smiled and acknowledged his appreciation with a nod. A doctor like him giving new doctors like us even a spark of attention is a card to celebrate and I didn't want to show my crazy excitement and ruin my attitude.

"I am Dr Sidharth", he said, forwarding his hand after scrubbing.

"Dr. Ahaana", I said, accepting his hand.

"I hope you have an interest in orthopaedics. Will see you around", he said and walked off.

No, I wasn't a bones and plaster guy. I was more into general. But working under him will be a great remark in my career and thank God that my turn in orthopaedics is coming in months, so I can work with him.

I rubbed my thumb over my ring finger, a habit that I have when I calculate things in my head and that is when I remembered my ring. My hand automatically went over to my chest and there it was. My ring on my necklace.

I held my necklace in which I had hung my engagement ring like a pendant. It's hard to remove and handle my ring every time I go in for surgery or I have to do an emergency bedside treatment. So I chose to hang my ring on my necklace the moment I reached the hospital.

Arjun approved the style with applause and a kiss because he liked the idea of him close to my heart. I am rubbing on him so much lately that my fiance is now being so cheesy.

I glanced at my ring, my new so good and beautiful chapter of my life sparkled at me. With Arjun, everything has been so good until now and I am only looking for more to come, our beautiful future.

I carefully removed my necklace and took the ring out of it to slide it back to my ring finger.

"Dr. Ahaana Chandra to report to the ER immediately"

"Dr. Ahaana Chandra to report to ER immediately"

The ER announcement echoed across the hall and I immediately pulled a mask and a pair of gloves. The moment I gloved my right hand, it ripped at the finger making a big hole, my ring poking out of the huge hole it made.