Chapter 41

Posting this chapter at (now) 11:11

Please do Vote, share and comment

STAY SEXY, DON'T GET MURDERED 

Dear heart, why her? 

I have been asking this for the past month or more. Each time the brightest side of the heart said, because I need her, I love her and the darkest side cried, you love her so walk away for her own good. 

If you love, then love enough to walk away so you keep them safe and happy. Happy.. that she will be. Safe, that she will be too. But my life is sometimes unpredictable, and I believe that is fun and less boring.

So, for once, I listened to the brightest side of my heart when the matter was about my life. Not my family or friends or loved ones. My life. My love. Her. Mahira.

I can't walk away from her. I may not be the simple guy who she dreamed about in her sweet sleep. I am the man who sets the world around him on fire and attracts the danger, but I will never let the flame to even touch her nor the darkness to cast her.

Things were smooth sailing until her mother caught us. As her mother said I was ready to openly talk to her father and convey my love for his only daughter, but the problem wasn't that. She seemed to be the one who was more anxious and jumpy about this matter. Wasn't she ready, yes she was. But she wasn't sure if her parents would accept me. 

You're kidding.

My love, she doesn't know how I have the power to make the world accept me and for her I can rise above the heavens or bend the hell to her feet. She doesn't know that, YET.

Today was half-day for her at school and I had to fight with Arjun to take off early from the office. No other reason, the poor guy was planning to take an early day off too, so he could meet his fiance. And that's the thing, they both were engaged and could meet and spend time anywhere and any day as they wished. But we were enjoying and sneaking off to romance like high school kids. So I won the fight and now I was on the way to pick her up for lunch or call it linner or dunch because it was late afternoon.

"Hello Buttercup", I graced her like ever the moment she reached near me. My buttercup was the feisty no-nonsense girl when I met her for the first time. Now, feisty-ness aside I was getting to meet a lot of her sides. The shy one, the blushing one, the bold one.

"Hello", she said while she stepped closer like a doll and leaned in towards my chest with a blushing face. That's my favourite welcome.

I wrapped my arms around her waist gathering her more towards myself, and that warmth that I get to feel is what I yearn for more and more each day. 

Holding on to my shirt, still leaning on me, she lifted her head, her eyes shined in the sunlight casting a very light brown colour. I could see myself in her eyes now, and that's why I like her eyes in the sun more. In shade, her eye appears a dark shade of brown, almost black and in minimal sun-glare, it's brown. But my favourite will always be the light brown in bright sunlight. 

"Where are we going today?" She asked,

"Wherever you want?" 

"I don't know many places over here", she said and hugged me while snuggling more to my chest. I should keep in mind to thank Ryder for suggesting the west side of the school to park my car for picking her up daily. It helped to avoid the paps, and now it helps me to have a moment, a very warm one. He probably might be somewhere around here, keeping his bloody murder eyes on me. A free show I am providing him. If he wasn't my bodyguard I would have snapped his neck.