Chapter 24

Thankyou to every Arnav-Mahira lovers for waiting,

Please vote and read

■

CHAI-PAKORA

Rainy night, chai-pakora delight along with your favourite song and journal, Mahira was loving it.

But a bitter tinge to it, her mother sat a little away from her scowling, and mumbling her misery in anger. Mahira was not bothered about it, and that confused her parents more.

"Mahi, if it was today you could have met him here only and we could have met the family and even talk to them properly too", her father Vishwanth said, who was seated in a recliner chair,

She was enjoying her own world, and she didn't hear him either. Samaira lost all her patience with her daughter, but before she could do something Vishwanth called Mahira again, but only after removing the earphones from her...

"Papa..." Mahira whined,

Samaira wasn't sure that any talk would happen if she left her husband to do it, especially a talk at their daughter's wedding. She stomped her way towards Mahira and sat near her, lashing out...

"What Papa? every time you work, work and work. Either for villagers, their schools or you travel more than one hour to the city to teach. In between listen to your parents too. How many times have I asked you if you want to shift to the city, but you won't listen to me? We both only have you Mahira, here we are ready to do anything for you, but you don't want anything. And now what happened staying here in this village, no good alliance is coming for you..."

"Samaira enough!", Vishwanth said sternly to his wife,

"What happened now Ma?, I told you I don't want you both to shift to the city, leave our home for the sake of what, my job. I could easily travel and go daily, no problem and after all, I am looking for another job now. What will happen if you both knave our home and shift to the city with me? Are you both going to stay alone over there once I am married and gone? I know both of you. You both love this place too much to just leave." Mahira said,

"That doesn't matter", Samaira said,

"It does matter Ma", Mahira said and glanced at her father who was in thought. She knew what he might have been thinking. It was exactly what her father and Arnav talked about. For her, it wasn't the love for this village and the home that she grew up preventing her to shift, but her parent's love for their home.

Her parents had a love marriage, once they had left everyone to start a life together and then they reached here. From nothing to everything they are now, everything that they had, their home, this village, their school and everything held her parents' beautiful journey.