67. The first day - Part 2

( Please do vote and read)

THE FIRAT DAY - PART 2

My heart was beating rapidly in a frenzy. I was scared and overwhelmed and I felt so similar to what I experienced before a viva.

And you know what happens during viva, no matter how we prepare, our anxiety makes us fumble on our words, make us clumsy in our attitude and embarrass ourselves before our invigilators.

I was that one girl, who gets clumsy and embarrasses the hell out of her when she is overwhelmed.

After the interactions with Arjun's siblings and the efforts that they all took together to make me feel welcome on my very first day, I felt so good. But it also cleared a doubt that my new family knew how I sneaked out on my first night for work.

Anxiety rippled through my veins as I twisted my fingers and played with my bangles waiting for Arjun to come after attending his phone.

I chose to wear the bangles that I was given on my Rokka. It felt heavy and it filled my small hands, but it was beautiful.

I sat on the bed, which I couldn't try sleeping last night but maybe tonight I will. The whole room was out of the world and huge. The only places that I have clearly seen were the closet room, the makeup room and the bathroom, they all individually could have been a single room themselves.

The bedroom was elegant with a subtle touch of dark shades. The bed was huge for about four grown-ups and situated in the centre of the room. A beautiful vanity table, which was now clumsily filled with most of my things on its marble top, stood elegantly on a side close to the closet door.

There was a long mirror with golden craft works on its crown and it ran along its borders. It stood leaning close to the long mirrors in the farthest right corner.

A couch and an armchair are laid to the right and left side of the bed. Beautiful and so soft to my soles carpet laid under the foot of the bed and on both sides under the chairs. A few oak wood cabinets, polished and modern, stayed like an ornament at a few corners.

A very concealed door to the farthest right corner opened to a small space which had a door to the office room and a stair that led you downstairs to the main study room of the Mansion and upstairs to the pool room.

That much I have observed and studied.

Despite all the marvellous luxury and spacious king's room, I loved the view that I could possibly wake up each day to. The huge floor-length windows covered by a white and deep maroon soft silk curtain gave me a view of the open and spacious garden and the lake to its right from the bed.

The spacious and open windows in the bathroom opposite to the huge round tub gave away the same view. That was intriguing to me at first but as I closed my eyes relishing the experience while I took my morning bath in that tub enjoying the warm water with bubbles soaking me, I could only compliment the unconventional beauty of it.

"Let's go" his voice broke my reverie of thoughts as he strolled inside the room,

"Everything okay" I immediately asked,

He has been out on the phone for about half an hour.

He smiled as he walked towards me. Arjun held my hand helping me stand up and slowly took me in his arms.

I smiled at how he was careful about not wrinkling my saree.

I held his bulging biceps that strained his kurta, as his arms conveniently wrapped around my waist and pushed me closer to his chest.