Chapter 47

Please do vote, read, share

I was a little busy with life, work etc.. etc...
So I am sorry if I left you all waiting for so long.

Target for next : Each chapter of INARA a 100 votes

🗳

TURN OVER

The atmosphere was heavy with a dark, sullen mood. The room was dark with only a small lamp that lit at a distant corner and the opened windows allowed the soothing white light of the moon to etch inside. In the dimly lit room, shadows clung to the corners like silent spectators. 

The brooding silence hung in the air, broken only by the occasional painful whimpering of her. She was having another nightmare. 

"Why are you here after so long?"

"You abandoned me"

"You don't deserve me"

"Leave me alone"

"I don't want you anymore"

She squirmed in her sleep, holding onto the sheets tightly on her fist and her eyes clad shut with deep lines of frowns marrying her face.

"We don't deserve you? You. Don't. Deserve. Us"

"We need you to sign your home in our name"

"We are getting separated"

"It's all because of you"

"Your fiancé's game was it all"

"The bankruptcy, his false deals, everything"

"How pathetic you are to marry a man who is hell-bent on destroying your father!"

"I want to settle your mother's divorce claim"

"I want to be back on my business which you and your fiance destroyed",

Pain pierced her heart and her soul like a sharp knife tearing her apart cruelly. A lone tear escaped her closed eyes and a man who stood leaning against the door in the dark witnessing her at a distance fisted his hands in anger. 

The satin sheets crumbled under her squirms and she lay there in discomfort sweating profusely.

"Why would you even give birth to a child if you didn't want one?"

And she woke up with a jerk panting heavily. Distressed, exhausted and sweeping dripping she tried to grasp for air, and slowly she muttered to herself,

"Why would they even give birth to a child if they didn't want one?" 

"You know the answer to that question", 

She jumped at the sudden voice that echoed inside her room. Her face was fear-struck, more from the nightmare than from the surprise voice she heard. Turning towards the source she saw the silhouette of the man who walked inside during her secret meeting with her so-called parents, along with his brother and helped her secure her life, her future, which she unknowingly was willing to sign away.

Arjun stood leaning towards the door with his legs crossed over the ankles, his one hand in his pockets and the other holding a crystal glass which was filled with brown liquid.