Chapter 48

Please do Vote, Comment and share

Target for next update :: 130 votes

THE WARMTH

Arnav's POV

When everything turns upside down all of a sudden and every turn you take screams 'something wrong', you may have to give it a thought and slow down. And now I feel like maybe I am also wrong in a lot of places.

Well, I've always been like this. A bit more reckless and a little less collected. 

I never complained, I never felt guilty for the way I was. Because I did good and won in everything that I touched. Until now. These days my life has taught me to turn back once again and see through what has passed through my life and what all I was able to embrace a little more than I could have just merely touched.

A lot, 

I realised.

And I also realised just like 14 years ago, I am still the reckless brother of a collected and composed boy. 

I took the remote while sliding down on the floor near the couch and played on the screen.

"This is a serious warning Mr & Mrs Raguvanshi. Your boy has to be more responsible and stop acting like this, stop punching the boys while on the school grounds" 

I laughed watching Mrs. Gupta, our class teacher, in her stiff cotton saree and her ethnic coat that she always matched, and her early 90's style updo hairstyle, we used to call her dragon lady. She stood near the vice principal who sat with a tired and upset face while Akshanth Papa, Aparna Ma along with Dad and Ma sat opposite them. 

"Mr & Mrs Rajvansh, your boy Arjun can not always try to hide the naughty deeds of his brother and get away with no trouble", 

She said, assessing us both, me and Arjun, who stood at a corner in our dirty wrinkled uniform, with her bloody murder scrutinising eyes from behind her round spectacles.

Our parents glared at us and I easily hid behind Arjun while he stood as a wall in front of me.

We were always like this. Just a few months apart by age, but he had always been the elder brother who took all the responsibilities on his shoulder and I was the one who enjoyed, pranked, rebelled and had all sorts of fun like a…, well like a child. 

Nothing changed even after Aayansh and Rihaan were born. We three became a gang of nuts who bicycled over mud puddles until dawn, who fought over tiny things, who escaped the eyes of our nanny to climb the gate and escape just to play, who stole our parent's bikes or car at night for a ride, who sneaked inside our grandpa's office to steal his very old cigar and try a puff. We were that. We were kids behaving like kids. 

I turned a rebellion, punching guys who tried to fuck with me, Aayansh became the hero of school, the rich boy with girls and who partied every Friday, Rihaan became the cool boy who was a mix of both me and Aayansh.

And for everything that we enjoyed, every trouble we made, we had a brother to cover it up.

Not that Arjun didn't enjoy himself. He enjoyed it in every way but always drew a line to keep his don't fuck with him attitude, and I am not your frat boy attitude intact. And also the big brother attitude. Can never not mention that. When we three boys were approached by everyone because of our nature, in schools and colleges everyone was a little bit scared of him. Arjun had a gang of few friends just like him. Even in school and college. Neil was one among them.