20 ♡ CANDLE IN MY DARKNESS

SURPRISE...

Please do Vote and read

Not edited.

CANDLE IN MY DARKNESS

Ahaana..

The hospital verandas have never felt so dark and foreign for me. It was my peaceful place, but not today. It felt like I was in a haze, like I was trapped in a dangerous maze, I ran trying to find an out.

I had wished, prayed and dreamed to see that one person, to be with them, to have them and finally my wish had come true, but in a very unexpected situation.

I have been treating Mr. Dawson for a month and a half, for almost two months he had been here after he met with an accident. He was a very nice person and each time I had met him for rounds or checkups, he had a story to tell.

It was about his best friend, for whom he had feelings but had been afraid to open up in the fear of losing their friendship. I was always interested in their stories. Each day he would call his best friend and talk normally, but hid the fact that he was hospitalised. I had always wondered why?

Why would he hide that? Maybe this is the chance to know if his best friend had the same feelings for him like he had. But he said, No, he couldn't do that.

'She's already dealing with a lot of stuff, I don't want her to emotionally stress more'

That's what he said, always.

And now that I know who she is, I wondered what she was dealing with so much that she couldn't even bother to think that she had a daughter.

Arjun dropped me back home and picked up my cousins, my uncle's daughters on his way back home for tomorrow's function or something, they didn't tell me. All were happy, even I was happy too until a few minutes before. I kept it from Arjun, I had to talk to dadi, I had to figure out what I should do next, I had to think.

So I kept a neutral face, my home was near the hospital so I didn't have to mask it for so long. He kissed my forehead and I hugged him back. It was our bye-bye language.

Dadi was super excited for tomorrow, she had already packed and decorated all the gifts and shagun's, ornaments and dresses, for tomorrow along with Jaypal uncle's wife, Sumi aunty. Dadi asked me to go to a parlour to have a spa or facial, but I decided to relax in my room itself.

I should inform Dadi, of course her daughter in-law is here, she should know isn't. Or maybe I should hide it.

Staring at my sealing I laid-back, I couldn't sleep, my mind was clouded. It was almost five in the evening, I tried to skip lunch but couldn't. Dadi was adment, though she forced, she fed me with her own hands while I flipped through the channels on the TV. And then again I was back in my room, on my bed.

Then suddenly I jerked from my thoughts on hearing the front door bell. I ran over to the balcony, there was a car, a black, tinted jeep it was.

Mamma loved jeeps, trucks, she loved camping, she was an outdoor enthusiast. But my father hated it.

The bell rang again, I didn't know who it was. There was a chance, or maybe it was my false hope. But I waited for Dadi to call me.

Nothing happened for a long thirty minutes. I was patient enough, I slightly knew what was happening down there. Dadi had given her a chance, only if it was her. The only answer to my situation was a nice shower. I took my towel and got inside my washroom. Setting up a bath, my favourite bath bomb, salt and favourite candle, I immersed myself and my misery.