60. Mehandi

Hey all,
So after the break I am finally back. Thankyou once again to all for being patient and loving.

We are 100k now 🌟🎊

A long chapter ahead

MEHANDI

The cold breeze soothed my hot skin and tired body. I thought I would regret choosing to lay on a mattress on the open terrace, but no, it was a great decision. Today I needed this cold, the soothing effect that it brought me.

After the haldi, I was dead tired. My skin was hot, my muscles in a knot and my eyelids drooping. If it was another day, and if it was my home, I would have dropped down then and there and slept. But I couldn't. Me and Ahaana had escaped to the lake house where we stayed to have a bath to wash off the haldi, only to return back to see off a few more important guests.

By the time that went well, I was almost leaning on Arnav's arm. I couldn't even keep my eyes open and give a warm and perfect wave. Even my hands were moving like a rubber glove.

Quite a few minutes after that, Nandini Dadi had come to my rescue. She had voiced out my misery and had sent both of us, the brides, to sleep the day off.

And that's what I had in my mind, to sleep. But then, I just had another hot bath, in their lavish en-suite, in the golden bathtub, in bubbles and hot water and relaxed for what felt like hours. Milli, a sweet girl in her late twenties, who had helped me through everything from the beginning of the wedding celebration, had helped me to take a relaxing bath too. She coaxed me into relaxing while she gave me a shoulder and head massage.

It was all so surreal and magical.

Until the moment when I was toned back to reality, the reality of who I was. Mahira Vishwanth Sen, a girl born and brought up on the outskirts of a tiny village, who was a teacher, a woman who wished to work in an NGO and social servicing and do research and navigate her way through her hard-earned PhD.

Taking a deep breath in and a deep exhale out, I tried to relax. Relaxing my body and trying my best to succumb to the softness of the mattress that I was lying on, I glanced at the sky adorned with a million stars.

The sky was dark, with few shades of grey clouds moving across. Nothing so bright and shiny but beautiful. Just like how my life was.

And then the stars, it adorned the sky bringing a magic effect. It shined and shared its brightness with the dark sky, shining together. Just like how Arnav was in my life.

Until a point, until him, I never realised there existed a beautiful world with billions of beautiful emotions and feelings that would be so new to me and that I would experience them.

He was slowly becoming my everything. My love for him was intensifying every moment that I spent with him.

This family, their love, their embrace….

"Move"

I heard a tired sound before I was pushed a little aside by her,

My new best friend and a sister in my sister-in-law's form.

Ahaana stood with a very tired smile in her tweety pj's, hair tied up over the top of her head and with her water bottle in her hand.

I smiled and moved a little. She plopped down beside me and wiggled her ass to move me a little more and make herself comfortable.

I laughed at her moves and wiggled my ass along with her. The mattress wasn't big enough for both of us, but we perfected ourselves in the space.

I scooted closer and laid my head over her shoulder and wrapped my hands over her waist. She cuddled closer and wrapped her hands and her legs over mine.