58 ♡ In Love

Please do vote, share and comment

Target : 140 votes

IN LOVE…

Arjun's POV 

It's been two weeks and more since Neil's fatal accident. He is recovering magically fast for a person who had suffered a tragic trauma, I knew he was hiding something, I knew Ahaana as his Doctor knew something more than any of us, his family or friends knew. 

Ahaana was being professional and respectful of her work ethic but there's something so wrong, that she is so distressed by keeping it a secret from the rest of us.

I know when the time comes Neil himself will say it, but until then I don't want her to be tense. 

Then postponed rituals and Pooja began and in a few days all the pre-wedding rituals will start in full swing. Today our family has organised a Pooja to mitigate all the devils, distress and obstruction, as my mother would say.

I am a devotee, a hard-core blessed Shiv bhakt, but I don't do the habitual temple offerings, and decorative yagas and spend a lot of money on bhajans and sweets that they distribute as Prasads. I would rather do my prayers, my way, offer water and leaves, and occasionally offer something from my savings to a few orphanages and old age homes nearby. 

God doesn't need all the money we spend on them, or at least my one didn't. 

I was standing in front of my new vanity in my room. Mom and my sisters were redoing my room against my wish. But when I think about Ahaana, I just nod and accept it. They already discussed a thousand ideas of changes that they want to make to my bedroom with me and I denied nine hundred and ninety-nine of them.

Rather I discussed it with Ahaana and she asked if she could do just five changes. I was happy like a child who got their favourite candy.

"Sir, the left side closets are cleared now," a worker said coming out of my walk-in,

"Okay, just inform Mia. She'll know what to do next" I said,

Mia was the new helper Ma had arranged for Ahaana. Mia wasn't new, she had been working with our family for years. Mia would be able to help Ahaana on a daily basis, she would help her in dressing on occasion, getting ready and also getting used to our family. One was arranged for Mahira too, and she was Mia's sister Milli. 

They had been working together with designers to arrange every kind of clothes and other necessities for the girls.

After getting ready in my simple off-white kurta and lower for the Pooja, I answered a few of my work emails and contacted my security team before I got down to walk to our living.

Ahaana was dressed like a queen in her elegant saree, we both were matching. 

It was the first time I had seen her in a saree and like always the moment I had my eyes on her, something changed in me.

I am the least romantic person, I now agree with the confession my fiance made when she was not sober due to the medications she was on. I get why she said that I am always uptight and this or that, I always have something to look on to and be responsible. 

A few days ago my Dad talked to me about it. 

He was very much similar to who I was. He was always the stern, uptight person with a no-nonsense attitude. I sometimes wondered how he was best friends with Rishab Papa who was extremely opposite to him, lively and cheery, and always with a smile.