Chapter 30

(Please do Vote and read)

THE WRATH AND THE AFTERMATH

"I am so sorry for behaving like that Rajeev." Mahira couldn't believe that she behaved like that. Though it's not fully her mistake, even her friend Anusha agreed that she should choose to run from Rajeev. But from her side, she had to apologise before she cleared herself from this marriage situation.

"It's okay, I guess. Well, you can make it up to me" 

"Well, about that. I don't know how I could be more clear on this matter without being a bad person. But, we won't work. I have never seen you as anything but a brother. When my parents told me about you, this time again, I had already made it clear to have no expectations and that I was just going to talk. I already knew this was just going to be a no." Mahira said in a way that wasn't bad but the best.

"Maybe it's because Anusha is your friend" 

"No Rajeev. Okay even if that is it, have you ever thought how she would react about this."

"I don't care." He muttered, 

By time Rajeev was getting frustrated and it was so clear from his behaviour. Mahira was getting more uncomfortable with every second.

"Now this isn't going anywhere"

"Well, it will not. Because you are just playing around Mahira" Rajeev said with a known smirk,

She stared back at him, his rather plain face indicated wickedness.

"What do you mean?" 

"Do you think I am a fool? My day was all about excitement for an upscale job to being in fear that I won't have any job. And then just like that, my boss's boss appears in the same cafe that we are in and you introduce me to him, invite him to be with us and whatnot." 

Mahira felt annoyed and worried at the same time not being able to understand anything.

"I don't know what you are talking about," She said,

"Of Course how will you," he said and smiled it off,

"But I bet you knew that he likes you." 

"W_what?" She stuttered. How did he know? This wasn't how it should have ended. The date should have gone wrong, and they both should have walked away with zero expectations and happy news that the marriage proposal had gone wrong. That's how it was supposed to be.

"And you like him too. Of course or how else he would have known about us right? You might have told him about our date. He would have found out about me and clearly, he did the rest." 

"Rajeev, I have nothing to do about what happened in your office. And this wasn't a date.," Mahira said, looking anywhere but Rajeev and once again she was searching for Arnav who happened to be seen nowhere.

"Oh come on. Don't just throw your lover under the bus." He snickered. 

"I should go," she said frustrated, 

"Oh wait, before you go. I for a fact know that my job is at stake. No offence to you because if Mr Raguvanshi said that he didn't like any of our presentations then he didn't like it. Period. I know who he is, I know how great a businessman he is. But after this, if he is going to fire me for nothing, I know how to approach HR and get things handled. Such a lousy and bad complaint against his name, against the Vansh, hmm I know I will end up with nothing and will get ruined but now I guess I have a price, and that's you."