22. TO LOVE - WILDLY, INSANELY, INFINITELY

Special update.

It's Ahaana-Arjun's Rokka

Cheers 🥂 to them,

TO LOVE - WILDLY, INSANELY, INFINITELY

Fine golden glitters brushed off my cheeks, the tint it gave was different and that I haven't ever used. But I loved the change. Dressed in a red lehenga embroidered with golden thread works, I knew it seemed extravagant. But I thanked the heavens for my attire, it wasn't every day that we got dolled up like this.

Mamma and Dadi were all smiles while they gushed at me, while the stylist did their work on me.

It was just Rokka, I chanted again and again for the nth time. I don't know why, but I had this anxiousness looming over my mind from the morning. But I wasn't sad about it, that just made me more affirmative. Nothing that began with no trouble has ever ended blooming and fragrant for me. I had this weird belief that if something troublesome happens at the very start, then I would have a smooth rest.

After the last touch on my hair, my stylist sprayed over my hair again and smiled at me. She's done, she says without actually saying. I smiled at her in return and turned towards Mamma and Dadi. I looked so different, but I wanted to know if I looked pretty.

Mamma came forward with the dupatta, a red long smooth one, which had its border covered in beautiful golden flowers and small minutes of golden works spread all over it. She tucked it neatly in plates and pinned it on my blouse over my shoulder.

I glanced at her, she had this never-ending smile, that I haven't seen for so long. It almost felt like her cheeks were aching with happiness and that she had been happy after so long.

I haven't read her letter yet, maybe that would give me answers. I don't know. That's a matter for another day.

"You look so beautiful", she said cupping my cheeks, I smiled and shyed.

Every time someone looks at me and smiles I don't know why I think about him, Arjun. Today, unlike any other day, I am so overly excited to meet him.

The attire itself was extravagant, so I did minimal with other things. A choker with diamonds and pearls and chandbali earrings to set my face right. The Rokka ceremony would come with a lot of jewellery on me by the end of the day, so I didn't bother to have any bangles over me. Mamma and Dadi disliked my idea of it, to help them stop sulking I chose to have two rings over both my hands. And they disliked the idea of it, yet again. Said, 'Where will you wear the engagement ring?'. It's Rokka today, not engagement if they have forgotten. Both are different to a little extent, but by the way, today's function was set, I wished that engagement too was done by today. A waist chain because I felt a little off about my bare waist on display, and an anklet, which no one would see under my lehenga. That was it, though I didn't like my hair in a bun, somehow it suited the overall look.