68. Wedding, A Bangali affair : Part 1

Happy news : Double update 💞

Another news :

Recently I haven't been asking for votes, setting a target for votes or anything and surprisingly no one is voting.

If I am coming after so rudely, I am so sorry.
But I have to say this.

I don't receive a 1/4 th of the votes compared to the amount of reeds. Isn't too bad. I mean if your excuse is, as a reader, I tried your book and at the end I didn't liked it so I didn't vote then that's fair. Okay, you didn't vote because you didn't like it. Understandable.
But then the same readers or I can't be sure of that, even then the same amount of viewers is reading the next updates too. Which means you like the book, you like to read, but you can't vote.

If that's how it's going I have a solution.

After two chapters, I will just stop.

I like to update and write chapters slowly and carefully so that I get enough time to right and give my best in what I right.

So I will take my time and you my dear readers can take you own time to learn how to vote.

Thankyou.

To my daily dose of lovely supportive and encouraging and constant readers,

I am sorry if I came off rude.

Thankyou for supporting me until today and I hope you all continue to support me.

For you all here is a double update.

With all your support and inspiration and encouragement hopefully there will be a very awesome surprise that I could give you by next month.

Wait for it...

Until then,

WEDDING, A BENGALI AFFAIR : PART 1

"Are you sure you don't want anything?" Aarohi asked again,

"Yes, I am," I said as I continued to read through every ritual of our wedding. A Bengali wedding was so different, though now I am by heart with what I should do and not do. The terms and language are still challenging.

"Bhaiya, but bhabhi did say that you don't need to follow all the pre-wedding day Bengali rituals. The wedding is today and all two days of rituals happening in just a single day must be so tiring to you" Aarohi said again,

Well, I understand my sister's concern. I woke up early this morning to have my first ritual.

Dhodhi Mangal.

The Bengali wedding starts with Dhodhi Mangal. The groom and bride wake up before daybreak and are fed with soaked flattened rice mixed with sweet yoghurt. We aren't supposed to have anything else besides sweets until we get married.

I have broken my daily routine, avoided coffee, got up early to have sweetened food and haven't had anything until now. I joined Arjun and Ahaana for breakfast, as it was Ahaana's first breakfast after marriage with us, but I opted to just sit and talk with them without having anything.