Chapter 39

Please do Vote, comment and share

CATCHING A - LIE

Mahira's POV

The more I look, the more I find the reasons why you're the love of my life. It just makes me want to fight for that fairytale that I once believed and that I dug deep under the ground a long way before. 

I stared at the only painting that I made of him, which was an incomplete one before, with only his perfect eyes, now completed and with mine by his side. It was my foolish heart, but I felt like doing it. So I could see how we both would look, together.

Anyone who tells you that fairytale isn't real just hasn't found it yet or maybe they settled for less. I was going to do the same. Settle for less for my loved one's happiness. I believed that giving away my dreams and happiness and agreeing to that one thing that I felt was the need of the hour for them would make them happy, but that was just a mirage.

I was going to do something so stupid, settle for less. Never do that if you want your life ahead to be open with choices. If you settle for less, there would still be windows open for you, but you would be so much trapped in a hole to see it.

A decision of yours may seem selfish at present but that may also be the sweetening potion to all the beauty that lies ahead in the future. He came like a knight, fought me and then saved me from the dark water from drowning. He didn't step over me, rather stood by my side and walked with me. 

Sooner he made me want to believe in a fairytale again and now I want to be his fairytale. They say -once in a while in the middle of an ordinary life love gives us a fairytale- Now I believe it. To all the fiction that I read and dreamt of, my life got to experience one like you too.

I have gone crazy, a week has passed and I am happy like a bunny. I let my students go home without homework, and I let my tuition students play for some time and take a break during their maths class. I changed my reading website's username to Buttercup's zone. 

Not just me, Arnav has gone crazy too. He doesn't know my crazy side, or so I believe. I try my level best to not embarrass myself in front of him. About him, he drives me back home from school every day. No matter how I tried to make him stop, no matter how long distance it was that he had to travel back and forth, no matter how late he reached back home, no matter how he had to stay away from his office work, for the last one week the moment my school hours are finished and I walk outside the school gates, I see a man, all hot and handsome, with an innocent smile on his face waiting for me.

"How was your day buttercup?'' he asks and then I forget everything. I am the talker, and he, the listener. I get that Mr Raguvanshi isn't who I presumed as in my initial days, I had a lot to learn about my boyfriend. My hot new boyfriend.