55 ♡ Embrace

Please do vote, share and comment

Not edited

EMBRACE THE BEGINNING

Mahira's POV

There are some moments in our life where we are so happy that our eyes moisten and we feel so grateful and blessed beyond the pleasure of just a smile. We feel the urge to freeze the moment and bask in its glory for life.

I am living that moment now.

Arnav still had his arms wrapped around my back, while I sat holding my veil spread on my hands filled with fruits, nuts, a coconut, money, jewellery, and a bridal veil on it. My hands were filled with their family kankan and a beautiful bridal veil was wrapped around my head.

"From now on call me Ma", Akshitha Aunty said and kissed my forehead,

I glanced at my parents who stood a little away on Arnav's side before I smiled and nodded at Akshitha Aunty.

I was welcomed wholeheartedly by everyone in Arnav's family. It not only warmed me but also made my parents so happy.

From their sudden appearance from the corners of the pool room and from behind the pillars hollering and loudly applauding after Arnav proposed to me to their warm welcome dance while I walked down to sit at the mandap and until now, they have made me feel like a family already.

Most of our rituals were a slight mix of two traditions, including Bengali rituals as per my family tradition along with Arnav's family traditions.

Nandini dadi came forward next and caressed my head before she turned behind to take a jewellery box. The beautiful wooden antique box looked so beautiful and she slowly opened it. There were golden bangles with Lakshmi work, beads, pearls and stones. Somewhat similar to the bangles that Akshitha Aunty-Ma and Aparna Ma slid on my hands before.

She took one from it and eyed Aarohi to come forward. I glanced at her who smiled at me before she helped me unload all the things from the veil that I was holding and took it aside letting my hands free. I glanced at my hand which was already filled with bangles.

Dadi slowly took my hand and slid the bangle she was holding onto my hand. I glanced at Arnav who smiled at me and then I glanced at my Ma and Papa.

Ma circled her fingers in my direction and folded her hands to the side of her forehead, a way of taking the evil eyes off. She always does that, when she is so happy.

"Now you are our daughter too. We welcome you, Mahira" Nandini dadi said, her authoritative and powerful voice holding warmth and love. I bent forward to touch her feet and she blessed me and pecked my forehead.

"Now pandit ji, if you may, please announce the date",

Viraj Dadaji said,

The pandit ji nodded and received shagun ki thali, from both of our parents and started to write on a golden leaf. He kept it aside and took the leaf and started to read,

"The stars of both the horoscopes have aligned on an auspicious date of punarvasu Nakshatra, two days after the Mangalyam of the elder son. The two mangalyam will bring an abundance of prosperity, blessings, love and harmony. If I may now,.." Pandit Ji said,

My Papa and Ma, along with my uncle came forward while I saw Aarohi and Ahaana di standing opposite them holding a tray filled with shagun. They exchanged shagun and Ma gifted both Aarohi and Ahaana di with dresses and jewellery.