3. Wake up

I wake up half way threw the morning again and look at myself in the bathroom. My eyes are all swelled up and red. If he wants someone else then why even bother being here? 

I take a long shower then mess with the makeup until my eyes look better. Then I do my hair and get dressed. This is a different type of dress. It flows down to just past my knees and has short sleeves. It's not formal at all. Looks more like something a servant would wear. There's not to much fabric. But it works. None of my new stuff is here yet. Kina must have got it for me. I open the door to my bedroom and promptly fall out of it. Alden is sleeping on the floor. 

His eyes pop open and he stares at me for a minute. Then we both get up.

"Why are you down there?"

"I'm stupid and I'm sorry. I swear I don't have anyone else."

"The werewolf?"

"It just happened. You weren't awake. I didn't know if you'd really be mine. I was all messed up. I'm sorry."

"What happened?"

"It was just 1 night. I never talked to her after that. I swear to you."

"What happened?"

"We had sex and spent the night together." I nearly choke. "I swear if I knew you'd be mine then I wouldn't have touched her."

My lip starts to shake. "You didn't wait?"

"I didn't know I was supposed to."

"Of course." I go for the door. He grabs my arm and I rip it away from him. 

I get out and Kina is about to come in. "Doctors appointment. This way."

I follow her all the way to a little room then I sit on a table. She walks out without saying anything.

I can't help but think about him with someone else. 

"MAYRA."

I look up at the doctor.

"What is going on? I did an entire exam and I don't think you heard 1 word I said."

"Sorry doctor. I have some things on my mind is all."

"Like what?"

"My mate wants someone else. Why even bother finding me? Why did he come back? I am better off gone."

"No you aren't. And he doesn't have anyone else."

"Some werewolf."

His eyebrows shoot up. "I'll look into it."

I jump off the table.

"There is a carnival a couple towns over. I think you should go. It's a human place. Nobody will know who you are. Take some guards and check out the carnival."

"I'm not..."

"It's not a request. You need to get out. You're dressed fine for it. Roam around and watch people for a bit. Play a couple games. Try something new to eat then come back. You need to see something other than this castle. Pretend to be human. You'll be fine."

"Ok. I guess." I shrug my shoulders. It's not like I actually have a choice.

"Good." He leads me out the door.

Alden, Kina, and Victor are sitting there.

"Alden I'll talk to you now. Kina and Victor, make sure Mayra gets to the carnival with some guards. She needs to socialize more."

"Yes doctor."

It seems like 3 seconds later, I'm getting into a thing with Victor, Kina, and 4 guards.