25. Tera

I hit the ground and it jars me awake. I pull myself up. Everyone at the conference table is staring at me. I plop down on the couch and start to cry. Alden picks me up and I wrap around him. 

"You're ok. You needed to sleep that off. You ate to much chocolate. We tried to tell you." He goes back to his end of the table and sits. I straddle him and snuggle in. I feel his fingertips on my back and out I go.

I wake up to Nadine yelling. I don't catch what it is though. I sit straight up on Alden and stare at her. "I DON'T WANT HIM HERE."

"HE'S NOT HERE WOMAN."

Tre stands up and holds her, "He said he would give you space. He's going with them but he wanted to see his parents first. He'll give you time baby." She hugs him and seems to calm down. 

I turn around and stare at Dipak. "Sorry I threw up everywhere."

"It's alright. We were just hoping you threw up on Tye."

I shake my head fast.

"Yea, we all know he gave that to you. Instead you got Marcus, Alden, and Tre. Tye dodged all of it."

Tye smiles at me, "I didn't know you'd throw up or how much you had eaten before that. I wouldn't have shown it to you right then. It is really good though. I knew you'd like it."

"It was amazing. I want another 1."

They all start laughing. Alden kisses my head, "Let's try real food first."

I hear the elevator ding and peek over as Tre carries Nadine out.

I snuggle Alden, "She's sad."

Dipak smiles at me, "Yea she is. She's confused too. She doesn't know what to do. Did anything ever happen between you and Elek. Did you kiss or anything?"

"No. Leo wasn't wrong though. We were friends for 10 years, maybe a little over. Then 1 day Elek was suddenly cute. I don't know why." They chuckle. "A week later Leo came and took him. I was sad then, Elek was my first friend. And he was gone. Leo said he had to though and someday we would see each other again." I shrug my shoulders.

Tye nods, "Are you really ok with him going with you?"

"Yes. He's still Elek. He's my friend."

"Is he still cute?"

"Everyone at this table is sexy as hell."

All of them crack up laughing.

Alden kisses my head and smiles.

"Alden is sexiest though." I wiggle into him and they start arguing. I stretch big. "Did the boys run off to screw yellow people again?"

Marcus answers, "They went to grab some stuff for Tobias. Then they were going to Elek's parents castle. He hasn't seen them in quite a few years."

Alden pats my butt, "We should probably head over there. If he wants to stay with his parents for awhile I'm not going to argue. I'll let you know threw the brains though. We only wanted to make sure you understood the parasites. That was different and I didn't want your group to get caught with them unaware."

"Thank you for that. That was something we've never even heard of. I don't even think Tre knew what to think."

I laugh at Dipak, "Did you see him keep pointing at stuff then shaking his head?"

He starts laughing, "Yea. That was funny as hell. He kept opening his mouth to say something then he would shake his head."

Marcus stands up and leads us to the elevator too, "It takes a lot to get him confused too."