7. Earth

I go to the royal house and take a shower. I needed that something terrible. I get some pajama's on and eat some pizza. Then I go to bed in my own bed. I hear Alden come in and go to his room as I fall asleep.

I wake up really early. I must have went to sleep early. I get ready and eat then I go up to my office again. The stack of papers is gone though. That just pisses me off. I walk over to Alden's office and he is sleeping with his head on them. The AI is sitting at the conference table.

"How long as he been sleeping like that?"

"Since 2 am. He was trying to make sense of any of it. He informed me that I am of no assistance with this."

I can't help but chuckle. "Why?"

"Because what is on that list is what we need. No matter how many times he asks me what .209efj tub is, it is still .209efj tub."

"I understand." I walk over and put my hand on his shoulder. 

He pops right up. "I'm awake."

"Go to bed."

"What time is it?"

"8:30."

"I'm fine. I just need a shower and some food. I'll be right back." He kisses my head and runs out the door.

Victor comes in right after Alden walks out. "Where's he going in such a hurry?"

"He wanted a shower I think. He slept in here last night."

"Yea, I think you broke him. He wasn't doing good."

"He was looking at the papers. He's not broke."

"Alert: Ping returned. 2 ships located. 6 hours and 26 minutes away. Planet Earth."

I scratch my head. "Can we even make it there safely?"

"My brothers not going to let us leave the planet."

"Yes we can make it there. It is advised you eat before you leave though. And pack additional clothes. The voyage should be safe."

"Maybe we can get him on the ship and knock him out or something."

Victor cracks up laughing. "Just wake him up when we get there."

"You could always sleep on the ship. The command level apartments and offices sustained no damage."

"Maybe tonight. Tell him you want to sleep on the ship. He'll do anything for you. We can wait until he goes to sleep and then travel to earth. He won't even know we moved when he wakes up."

I nod fast. "That's a good idea. We'll just be looking down at a different planet. He won't know the difference."

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?"

"AAAHHHH!" I scream so loud and spin around when I jump. Clark is staring at me.

Victor cracks up laughing. "The ship has apartments for us. We're going to stay in them tonight. They had no damage. It'll be neat to spend the night up there."

"Really?"

AI looks at Clark, "It is advised you have dinner before getting on the ship though. There is no food there. Also a change of clothes is advisable."

"Yea that does sound different. May help to get use to the ship a little."

"I want to go. Can me and Maggie stay a night too?" Clarks mate walks in. Then she gives me a funny look. "Let's go talk."

I follow her out and we go down to a sitting room. Maggie comes in after a minute. 

Then Maddie smiles at me. "What are you hiding? You look so guilty."