30. Upgrades

We wake up on the ship and I give Alden so many snuggles. I am so excited. Momma is getting up today. I run to the medical area while I'm still getting dressed.

"WOMAN THAT SKIRT IS TUCKED INTO YOUR UNDERWEAR." Alden yells after me.

I fix it as I run and I get to momma's room in record time. I pull up a chair right beside her and sit and stare at her.

Fomek says, "Kehlani it's going to take a couple hours for her to really wake up." 

I nod and stare at momma. Her finger twitches.

"I can't believe you have a space ship my princess."

"SHHHH. Momma's waking up daddy."

Daddy chuckles, "I guess some things are more important than others."

Then someone starts pulling my hair. I give Alden a dirty look and try to wiggle away.

"We are combing your hair." I sit still and let him comb it. Then he kisses my head, "I'll be in my office baby."

I stare at momma for so long. She only twitches. I see her eye flutter once. I nearly fall off my chair.

"Alden I think she's in shock."

I get picked up and try to fight him off.

"Relax baby, we'll sit right over here. You can still see her." He sits down on a couch with me and waits on me to relax. Then he starts rubbing my back. I stretch and feel my eyes go closed.

I wake up and stretch big. Then I jump up and stare at momma. She smiles at me. "Hello my baby."

"MOMMA" I jump for her and daddy catches me. He's holding me around my waist and I am parallel to the floor.

Fomek says, "Kehlani, we're going to be nice and calm while your mom recovers a bit more. Would you like some lunch while she wakes up a bit?"

I start crying and trying to get away.

"Child why are you having a fit? Come over here and sit by me. You do like the doctor said and get some lunch."

I sit in my chair right beside her and Fomek puts a table with food in front of me. I eat while she looks around. 

"How long as I out?"

"Long time momma."

She glances at daddy and he nods.

"How long baby?"

"500 years. He got me, you, and daddy. Locked us all away for 500 years. We're awake now."

"That's a long time."

"My mate found me momma."

"Oh my. You're young for that."

I shake my head fast. "I'm 915."

Fomek chuckles, "Development stopped while she wasn't recovering. We have placed her age back at 415."

"Still 915 though."

"Why did he lock us away for 500 years?"

"I don't think he knows how to kill a royal dragon. That's all we could figure out anyways. And there's nobody else to ask. All the royals except us are gone."

"That information was always kept secret." Daddy smiles, "I need to go talk to Alden for a minute. Where's his office?"

"Right this way sir." A brain leads him off.

"Who is Alden?"

"My mate momma."

"So you 2 have been running things for how long?"