42. The Throne Stands

A few days later the earth visitors leave. Then I can finally summon the kings table again. We all sit down at my conference table and the alarm goes off. They all jump up and run out.

I go down to my apartment. I'll try again tomorrow. I make the tv come out and try to find something worth watching. I can't grasp the whole idea though. I don't even know what I like. Someone knocks on the door.

"Door open."

Alden comes in. Did not expect that for some reason. "What?"

"Sorry I didn't expect it to be you."

"Who were you expecting?"

"Nobody visits me. I think the door knocking startled me. What do you need?"

"Come here and sit down." He puts his arm around me and leads me to the couch. Then he sits keeping his arm around me. Then he wraps his other arm around me and kisses my head. "Your brother is gone."

"Thank for informing me..."

"No. Don't be formal. Say what you feel."

"I can't do that."

"Why?"

"I don't know what I feel. Relief. Pain. Happiness. Like a pressure is gone. Like a wickedness is gone from this world. I hope you're right. I feel safe. Lonely. Broken. Lost. Strong. Weak. So, thank you for informing me. I appreciate it."

"Baby that was a brain you seen me with. They can do that. I should have talked to you about it. I was so fucking curious. It wasn't a real girl. You know how they are. I was curious and stupid baby. I'm sorry."

"I seen what I seen. The damage is done. It doesn't matter anyways."

"Why?"

"You're still not going to mark me are you?"

He turns bright white. "After what Tim said. After your brothers followers got away. How can I put you at that much risk? I couldn't live with myself."

I know in my heart, I'm not what he wants. It's simple enough. "Go."

"Baby please."

"Just go. I need space."

He kisses my head and leaves. I'm not lying. I need space. Without him.

I sit there for a long time. I don't cry. I sit and stare. It's really over. He'll never mark me. There will always be another threat. Another made up reason for him not to.

I go down to Tobias's door. I knock on it and it opens. I glance around and he's the only 1 here. "I'm leaving tonight. After the brain says he's asleep." I go back to my apartment. I sit on the couch and stare some more.

Hours later. "Is Alden asleep?"

"Yes. In the royal house."

I leave threw the front door. Tobias is sitting there with Elek, Victor, Elroy, Ed, Brelane, and Tera. Tera smiles, "We'll leave you alone if you want but you're not going alone."

I get in the shuttle and they get in with me. We go up to the ship and get to the command room. "Remove Alden from the captains position. I am now captain. Remove the rule I can not leave without him."

"Yes ma'am."

"Get us out of here." 

Elek is in the seat before I get out of the room. I go to my room and go to bed.

I wake up in the morning and take my bath. Then I get dressed in the queen gown. I glance out the window and we're at a planet. It's not Terros or Earth but it is a planet.