20. Earth Visit

We get announced and ushered right up to Dipak's office. His people are already there. He has a lot at his table. Not sure I'd like quite that many. 

The girls stare at me for a second then jump up and run to their box. Dipak rubs his eyes, "Have a seat. Apparently some people still need to get dressed."

I smile and sit on Alden's right side, "I had to make them get dressed too. They were a bit homeless looking though."

Nadine, Thora, and the other girl come back to the table all dressed in outfits kind of like mine. Really sexy and showing a lot of skin. There's are all black and red though. I scratch my head and wonder if they're making fun of my clothes. Alden takes my hand and shakes his head at me.

Dipak glares at Nadine for a second then rubs his eyes, "Did anyone find anything else out about the snake planet?"

Tre stands up, "The planet is old. I mean it's fine but humans should have evolved far more than what they have. With the snakes being there. I can only really assume the snakes are suppressing the evolution somehow."

I put my hand up, "There's only 250,000 people on that planet. That seemed really low to me. I think they're just snake food."

"That could be why evolution is not happening. There's not enough of them and they can't build cities either. They're not able to evolve due to safety concerns."

Victor stands up, "We found out there's 10 to 12 snakes. Table bring up the planet and put the controls here please." Red buttons pop up in front of Victor and the planet shows up over the center of the conference table. All of them stare at it. I don't think they knew it did that. "As you can see. Typical nearly round planet. However below the surface are the snake caves. Change them to colors please." The planet turns to about 12 colors. "As you can see, the snake caves never overlap. They do not cross or connect in any way. It's as if each snake has it's own section of planet to hunt."

I nod, "10 to 12 snakes, we could probably take out with a plan. It's not extreme but I can't help but wonder about reproduction."

Alden smiles at me, "As we know, the core of most planets is molten rock. It's how the planet stays warm. My theory is, those caves let out somewhere closer to the core where they can reproduce. They would have to keep the babies warm. We're going to the planet again when we leave here. We're going to get a deeper scan and see if we can get an accurate number of snakes. Also the location of the reproduction area. I don't believe they're immortal and there could still be millions of snakes closer to the core."

"If we find the breeding ground and babies, couldn't we shoot a torpedo into and wipe them out?"

Alden takes his head at Tye, "If the area is that close to the core, any large explosion could alter the core. That could make the planet explode or implode, or all life could die slow. There's to many variables."

Tre nods, "I agree with Alden on that. To much of an explosion inside a closed up area could cause total annihilation within minutes."

1 of the girls raises her hand, "Annihilation?"

Victor crosses his arms, "Complete destruction or obliteration. Not worth the risk."

Tre nods, "There would be no more planet or people on it to worry about."

"Oh."

He smiles, "The only option right now to be to return and get additional information. All of this is fascinating and leads to a lot of theory's but a deeper scan is needed. As well as more intelligence."

My brain faces me, "Would you like us to go get a deeper scan ma'am?"

"Thank you but not right now. I don't want to send my parents that far alone."