5. Crispy

He carries me back in the house and into the dining room. He sits on a chair and leaves me straddling his lap. I snuggle in and wonder what was in that box.

He rubs my back and it helps me calm down. "So where did sosta come from?"

"He couldn't say sister right when he was little."

"I'm so sorry baby. I know everything is horrible for you."

"I just want to find my home."

"You are home. Your home is with me. Wherever we are, is home."

"Are you really mine?"

"I am really yours. Are you mine?"

I nod fast. "I'm yours."

"So, when you first woke up, you were trying to remember what happened and you remembered something. You looked away quick and Kina told you not that. What popped in your head?"

"I don't remember." I say it so fast, I don't even believe myself.

He starts laughing. "But we're not going to lie to each other right?"

I bury my face and shake my head.

"What all do you remember about waking up?"

I giggle. "You were in a towel."

"And what were you thinking about?"

"That towel falling off."

He cracks up laughing. "What did Kina tell you not to think about?"

"IKISSEDDONOVANATTHEENDOFSCHOOLPARTY." I relax right after I say it. I feel so much better.

"You kissed Donovan at a party?"

"End of school party."

"Did you kiss lots of boys growing up?"

"Not lots. Maybe some."

"Anything more than kissing?"

"No. Your the first boy I ever seen without a shirt on. I tried to be good and wait but you were taking to long. Then you showed up in a towel." I giggle again.

He chuckles. "You love that towel, don't you?"

I nod fast. "You should just wear that all the time."

"Only if you'll wear 1 too baby."

I shake my head so fast and bury my face.

He laughs and pats my butt. "It's alright. We'll get there someday."

"What was in the box?"

"I told them not to say until the meeting tomorrow. I'm just enjoying sitting and talking with you. They'll only disturb us if there's danger or an alarm goes off." He shrugs his shoulders. "I just want to sit with you some more sweetheart."

I snuggle in again and make shapes on his chest. "I like this too."

"We have dinner for you sir."

"Go ahead and set it up. Thank you."

"Our pleasure."

He spins me around and pulls me back down on his lap after a few minutes. Then he starts feeding me something.

"When I was at the school, I would eat dinner by a painting of you. My very first day there, I told you that you look like a girl who would like chocolate. I promised if I ever met you, I would bring you chocolate."

"What's that?"

"It's a sweet treat. I still think you'll like it. I'll get some tomorrow so you can try it."