57. Trade Routes

I sit at my desk and bring up the map of all my planets. How they are together in space. Then I map out the trade routes between them. Why does he want me studying the trade routes? I stare at them a long time. Our trade ships run between 8 planets on a loop. I memorize it all in 20 seconds. I know what they are picking up at each place. How much. This is not hard. Why am I studying the trade routes? They drop resources off at other planets.

2 hours later, I finally stare at the brain, "Why am I studying the trade routes?"

"You have an over abundance of iron everywhere. Persei can produce an infinite amount of the building material, which is cheaper and cleaner than natural resources. Also the medicine in Kogt could help a lot more people than the planets on your 8 trade routes."

It all hits me at once, these trade ships can transport people. This could be an escape route if I can figure it out quietly. I need to try and get on some of Dipak's planets as well. Being able to hide for our brains or theirs will have its advantages. I can't tell anyone about the escape route though. "How many trade ships do I have?"

"4. Only 2 are running dedicated routes. Another 4 are being built. Completion in 1 year."

"Get me a meeting with Dipak."

"Yes ma'am."

Their whole table shows up. Dipak is at 1 end and Alden at the other. Nearly everyone from both sides is there. Elroy is even back with Tera.

I smile at Dipak, "I was working and started thinking."

Nadine tilts her head sideways, "Are you wearing pajamas?"

"WORK MEETING."

She stands up, "IN PAJAMAS."

I put my hands on my hips, "WORK MEETING IN PAJAMAS."

"FINE." I rub my eyes. "Anyways, I was thinking. I have an over abundance of iron. Everywhere. I have a shit ton of iron and an extreme addiction to mining it." My whole side of the table laughs. "I also have a planet that can produce a building material that is cheaper, stronger, and cleaner than any natural resources. They can make an infinite amount of it. It's amazing. I also have a medicine in Kogt that is a miracle drug for humans. It can cure a number of ailments without any side effects. And then I was studying my trade routes we have set up. I have 4 supply or trade ships that are running on dedicated routes. I have 2 more that transport random shit when we need it. I have 4 more that are getting done this year. So, I propose a trade. I want to add some of your planets on my trade routes."

Marcus puts an eyebrow down, "Which planets?"

"That would be up to you. You know your planets. I can send you the medicine and building material to research. You could decide which of your planets could benefit from it. I'm assuming you know what iron is. I have a lot please trade me anything for it."

"How many planets are you hoping to trade with?" Frode is writing shit down.

"My trade routes are dedicated to 8 of my planets. My other planets send or receive shipments when they need it. It's not dedicated. It's really up to you. If you have a more advanced planet that would do good with the building material, I could put them on my dedicated trade route. Or if another planet could use a 1 time shipment of iron we could do that. It's really up to what your planets would need."

"Please send us some of the building material and the medicine. We do know what iron is. Do you have any other things to trade?"

"I mine everything. I can't help myself. If it's mined I have it. I would also like some pineapples. And I have a weird tree that makes everyone high who sits under it. I bring up building material and medicine because I feel it would benefit more people. I bring up ore because I have a shit ton of it. If there's something specific 1 of your planets could use, I'm willing to see if I have it. Really I would like to get trade established. The more we connect the planets the better the future will be. So even if it's a shipment of pineapple every 3 months to a planet nobody ever has to visit, they are still seeing that consistency with us."