64. Social

Elek being in the building with us actually goes fine. He's with the girls talking or outside most of the afternoon. I visit the water in the morning. I don't even see him for the most part. When I do see him, the girls are talking to him and he's usually upset. I know it's hard though. I can't imagine losing the soulmate bond. I know someday I will but I'm not even ready to think about it yet. 

I bounce Urijah down the hall to the front desk, "We're here to say our afternoon hello's."

"You are so precious Urijah." Jamie scoops him up and steals some snuggles. "Oh someone was asking, would Elek like to redo anything? You did the dining room design. We don't know if he would like that."

I shrug my shoulders, "You would have to ask him. He would be good to make an outside area or activities. Think fishing and stuff like that. I'm sure he knows some things. Someone could ask him. He might not even be interested since he's only been here 3 days."

Ella runs up, "Are you leaving today?"

"Yes. For a couple hours. I need to get caught up on some confidential documents."

"Ok. I'll watch him." She grabs Urijah and heads to our room

I smile, "I guess I'll go now."

Jamie starts laughing and I untie the bow on Alden's desk. I open my eyes and I am standing on his chair. I wobble a bit and he jumps up from the conference table. I plop down. I don't fall. Then I stand up, "I was sneaking in today to hide in my office for paperwork. I'm not telling anyone I'm here."

They all crack up laughing. All of them are sitting at the conference table.

Elroy smiles at me, "Is Elek ok?"

"I can't talk about it. But he's there."

"Do you see him a lot?"

"Barely ever actually. They seem to keep us on opposite schedules. And opposite sides of the building. I see him outside sometimes but I'm always getting pulled somewhere else." I shrug my shoulders, "It's about healing not us visiting anyways."

"Has he..."

Alden sits up, "Don't even say it Victor."

Victor crosses his arms, "Can I go when he's back? I have trauma."

"Like what?" Alden glares at him.

"Actually it's not a bad idea." I smile at Alden, "He's not wrong. Once we get threw this, send people to a retreat for a weekend a year or something. It wouldn't have to be with the nuns. Just a place that's calm and stress free. Counselors or nuns I guess. Relaxing. If the workers say more time is needed away, we could send them for a few weeks. I'd rather do that than have a complete fall apart like me or Elek. Gone for months. And everyone has trauma. We all deal with it. We could prevent total breaks in people that way. Or get a heads up if 1 is coming."

"Yea, I guess it wouldn't be a bad idea. These are high stress jobs. Get something thought out and we'll talk about it."

"I can do that. I'm going to my office now. Nobody seen me."

I manage to get threw all the folders. The boys got the shuttle in Persai ready to go. They're actually researching a few more as well. My dad became king of 2 planets. Victor got another 1. No big changes other than that. I tie my soul to my couch and go back to Alden's office. Now he's at his desk alone. I figured everyone would still be here.

"I'm going back. Figured I would let you know."

"Did you get everything figured out?"

"Yea. I'm glad my dad is off his vacation finally."