introduction

Welcome—humans and gems alike—to Aehlyn’s big book of ‘Steven Universe Characters X Child Reader One-Shots’! Explore the world of Steven Universe for yourself as either an infant, a toddler, a child, a preteen, a teenager, or even a young gem!

In this book, you are either a friend or child of one/some Steven Universe character(s) at a time, each in separate universes and/or time sequences! Each chapter delves into yours and the characters’ stories.

Sit back, relax, and read on to discover the many universes of Steven Universe at your fingertips!

Warning: some chapters may contain foul language and/or upsetting topics. I will always set up a warning before each chapter if I see that something possibly triggering will occur. My biggest concern is the safety I can provide and your contentment!

I am completely aware that there will be requests along the way! I’ve wanted specific stories out of books of this nature as well, and I also know it can be difficult for people to come up with ideas on their own (myself included), so requests are always open! If you wish to request a one-shot, though, please follow the guidelines I have set below:

To request something, you must add a (somewhat detailed) description, otherwise I will have no idea what you’re requesting for or I may mess it up in the process because the details were unclear. I’m sorry if this is an inconvenience, but as the author, it is something I must ask of the requester.

Here is an example of a request I will not take: Rubapphire X infant reader.

The correct way would be to add any level description of what you would like to happen. I am a very creative person but I’m afraid of disappointing people if I’m unsure of what they mean, so I may avoid writing it altogether if it’s unclear.

An example of the correct way to request the very same thing: Rubapphire X infant reader where Ruby and Sapphire find the reader, a baby, and take them in.

You can add as much of a description as you’d like—in fact, the more detailed it is, the faster I will be able to create and publish your request! Of course, I may not be able to get to every request or I may not want to because of any number of complications. I will try my best to get to as many as I can, though!

Before we begin, there are some abbreviations I will need to introduce you to before you continue. Because this book caters to your individuality, I’ve included small abbreviations for things to fill in the places that differ from person to person, such as appearances, personality traits, or preferences. Read them below:

[Gem or Human Reader]

(Y/N): your name

(Y/L/N): your last name

(Y/F/N): your full name

(Y/N/N): your nickname

(E/C): eye color

(H/C): hair color

(H/L): hair length

(S/C): skin color

(F/C): favorite color

(F/S): favorite song

(Y/F/S): your favorite snack

(F/F): favorite food

(F/A): favorite animal

(F/D): favorite donut

[Gem Reader Only]

(G/T): gem type

(G/P): gem placement

(Y/W): your weapon

(G/C): gem color

(F/N): fusion name

I hope you enjoy reading Stars of the Universe as much (or more) as I have enjoyed writing it!

By the way, I have two other books within the Steven Universe genre that you can read if you’d like to:

The Homeworld Human (Homeworld Gems x child reader)—though it is currently discontinued due to lack of my own interest in the subject, many of my readers enjoy the content so far, despite the cut off.

Learning (Jasper x fem!reader)—this book is still being continued because of my undying love for the story and for my wonderful Jasper! Check it out if you’re a fan of Jasper, too!

PM me requests, questions, or anything you ever need/want to talk with me about. I’m always willing to speak with my lovely readers!

—Aehlyn or Rainbow