[Yellow Diamond × male!child reader]

[#53: Care]

You are a human who grew up with Yellow Diamond and the Quartz soldiers that watch over the Human Zoo. Yellow Diamond was a mother figure to you, but you found her annoying and overly strict.

"Dude, she's so lame!" you complained to an amethyst. You were always hanging out with the Quartzes and messing around with them, which got you into a lot of trouble with Yellow Diamond.

"Yeah, I know, (Y/N). Hey, how 'bout we go pull a prank on a peridot or something to get your mind off of it?" she asked, nudging your arm with a smirk. A small smile crept onto your face and you nodded.

The Quartzes all gathered around, planning the prank. An era 2 peridot would be making her way down the hall in a few minutes, and that would be the perfect time to strike.

The Quartzes all got in position. Just as described, an era 2 peridot was making her way down the hall with her floating screen in front of her face. She grumbled angrily to herself as she swiped through her files.

An amethyst gave you the symbol, which was a finger gun pointing at the green gem and pretending to shoot. You snuck up behind her as the Quartzes giggled, covering their mouths to keep in laughs.

"Boo!" you shouted, pushing the peridot. She let out a blood-curdling scream and fell flat on her face. All of the Quartzes came out of their hiding spots and laughed loudly, giving you and each other high fives.

[~]

- Yellow Diamond's P.O.V. -

(Y/N) really does get on my last nerves all of the time. Is this what all humans are like? If so, then I never want to visit Earth. (Y/N) is constantly getting into trouble and always disobeying me like I'm not one of the rulers of Homeworld.

He hangs around those trouble-making, Earth bred Quartzes, that's why he's like that. They teach him to be rebellious and so annoying. I wish he'd stay away from them, but no matter what I try he'll always find a way back to them.

"My Diamond?" a nasally voice called. I sighed and looked down to a peridot who looked quite upset.

"Yes?" I questioned, sinking back into my thrown and wishing I could just be left alone for at least a few minutes. The peridot cleared her throat and spoke, "the human, (Y/N), is returning with his disturbing behavior. He and those Human Zoo Quartzes pulled another 'prank' on me while I was cleaning out files, and now I've lost all of my data." I sighed deeply.

"I'll see to it that he's punished, Peridot. Thank you," I said professionally, waving her away with my hand. She nodded and walked away, seeming smug. I stood and made my way to the Quartzes cubby room, where (Y/N) always was.

He was laughing loudly with the Quartzes, telling these things that he calls "jokes". I cleared my throat, which boomed across the room, and every gem and one human turned to look at me.

"(Y/N), we need to have a talk," I announced, my hands folded behind my back. (Y/N) rolled his (E/C) eyes and hopped down from an amethyst's cubby, making his way towards me. We stepped out into the hallway.

"(Y/N), this preposterous behavior needs to be put to an end. Why on Homeworld would you mess with another gem with another one of your silly 'pranks'?" I asked in an annoyed tone, staring down at him.

"Because it's fun. It's not like you'd understand. You're lame," he explained, crossing his arms over his chest. I kneeled down to come at least a little closer to his height.

"I. Don't. Care," I gritted my teeth, done with his attitude. Humans are very annoying, I must say. Why can't they listen to simple directions?

"You don't even care about me, so why do you even care what I do? Just leave me alone!" he shouted, beginning to walk away. I pulled a sad face and grabbed him by the collar of his shirt. I lifted him up and placed him in the palm of my hand.

"Of course I care for you, (Y/N). Why don't you see that? I care deeply for you. You're my human. I just... it's not okay for you to disobey me," I told him. He frowned and looked away.

"I may be strict, but that's because I care for you. I need you to understand that, (Y/N)," I spoke softly, which was a tone that not many individuals ever got the opportunity to witness.

"Okay, okay. You... you really do care about me?" he asked with a small grin, turning his head up to face me. I chuckled and nodded.

"Thanks..," he mumbled. I smiled and set him down, straightening myself.

"You're very welcome, (Y/N). Now, I have duties that I must attend to. Can I trust that you won't get into any more trouble?" I questioned with an eyebrow raised.

"I can't promise, but... I'll try," he shrugged, smirking.

"I'll take what I can get," I replied, walking away.

(Y/N) sure does get on my nerves, but,

He's my human.

---

This was requested by KingTiger2. I hope you like it! (It's trash, tbh).

Btw, you can check out my other books: The Homeworld Human (Homeworld Gems x child reader) and Learning (Jasper x fem!reader)!

Don't forget to vote and comment!

Ily all!

- Aehlyn ♡