[Rose × infant reader]

[#34: The Human Baby]

Rose smiled as she sat in the sand. The waves of the water brushed upon her toes, causing her to giggle.

She stood up and brushed herself off. She made her way back to The Temple and opened her door. She was only there for a few minutes when she was interrupted by a knock on her door.

She furrowed her eyebrows. Why would someone knock on the door? Only a human would do that...

She opened the door and looked around. There was nothing. She heard soft cries and looked down to see a human baby.

Her eyes widened and she gasped. She absolutely loved humans, especially the tiny ones! They were so cute!

She bent over and carefully scooped you up into her arms. You gave a small smile, showing your only teeth, which were your top front.

Rose giggled and admired your short, (H/C) hair. She noticed a small piece of paper sticking out of the (F/C) blanket you were swaddled in.

She opened the note, finding a few words. She read them aloud:

"Dear whom this may concern,

This baby's name is (Y/N). I cannot take care of them, so I ask if you can. Please. They're my joy, and I need for them to be taken care of."

Rose looked down at your big, innocent, (E/C) eyes. You reached a tiny hand out and played with her curly hair. She now had stars in her eyes.

Suddenly, the door opened behind her and Amethyst hopped out. She looked up at Rose and the small, (F/C) bundle in the gem's arms.

"What's that, Rose?" she asked curiously, lightly tugging on pink-haired gem's white, frilly dress.

"It's a human baby, Amethyst! It's guardian left it here because they could not care for the infant..," Rose explained.

"Ooooh. Can I see, Rose? Please?" the purple gem asked with stars in her dark eyes. Rose chuckled and nodded.

She knelt down to be Amethyst's height and let the small gem coo over the tiny human.

"Aweee! It's so cute! What are we going to do with it?" she asked, giggling as you grabbed her finger with your many smaller ones.

"Hm... I don't know," Rose answered truthfully, staring back down at you.

"Maybe Garnet will know what to do! 'Cause she has future vision an' stuff," Amethyst suggested. Rose nodded and patted the small gem's head. Amethyst smiled proudly.

Rose remembered that Garnet had last been going somewhere on the Warp Pad. She decided to wait for the fusion to come back.

"Hello, little (Y/N). You sure are cute," Rose cooed, examining your small hands, which she found adorable.

Only shortly after, the Warp Pad went off. Garnet stood there and Amethyst scurried over to her, wrapping her small arms around the fusion's legs.

"Hello, Rose," Garnet greeted, already knowing the question that would be asked. She peered down at you.

You giggled and grabbed at her visors, causing her to softly remove your hands.

"So, Garnet. Do you know what we should do with this infant? It was left at the door and apparently, it's caregivers can't take care of it," Rose asked.

"We know nothing of caring for a human baby," Garnet spoke monotonously, but smiled at your smile.

"I know..," Rose sighed. She really wanted to keep you. She frowned at you, staring into your eyes.

"But... we can learn. We can get what we need for this baby. We can take care of them. If that's what you'd like, of course," Garnet smiled.

Rose gasped with stars in her eyes. She nodded vigorously.

"You hear that, little (Y/N)? We're going to take care of you!" Rose exclaimed, causing you to giggle.

"We're gonna have a baby?! Yay!" Amethyst cheered, jumping around excitedly.

---

Btw, you can check out my other books: The Homeworld Human (Homeworld Gems x child reader) and Learning (Jasper x fem!reader)!

Don't forget to vote and comment!

Ily all!

- Aehlyn ♡