[Garnet/Ruby & Sapphire × infant reader]

[#79: Keep]

The fusion cradled you in her arms, her body twitching as she mumbled angrily to herself. She hurried into the Temple and placed on the floor, backing away slowly.

"We can't keep them! How would we even take care of them?!"

"They have no where else to go. There's nothing else we can do with them."

"We don't know even the half of taking care of a human! What if something happens and we don't know what to do?!"

"Calm down. I'm sure that it will all--"

The fusion split apart, and the two gems who made her up were left behind. They kept arguing with each other, but Ruby was doing most of the talking. Sapphire stayed mostly silent, eventually floating over to the couch and ignoring her raging lover.

You had only just met the tall fusion, who had taken you in because the absence of your guardians. She knew that horrible things could happen to you if she didn't take you.

The arguing finally died down, and the couple stayed completely silent. Ruby had her arms crossed, glaring at the wall opposite of Sapphire. You tilted your head at her and began to slowly crawl towards her.

You sat in front of her and babbled, reaching your arms up to ask to be held. Ruby glared at you, not happy that you were the cause of her and Sapphire's argument. You opened and closed your tiny fists, calling louder for her.

She rolled her eyes and leaned down, scooping you into her arms. You giggled and poked her cheek, smiling wide at her. She smiled slightly, but then forced herself to frown.

You played with her fingers-- which were much bigger than yours-- and kept speaking to her in your own little baby language. You eventually got bored and your little (E/C) eyes fluttered closed.

Ruby smiled softly at you, not realizing what she was doing. She heard soft giggling from behind her and jumped, spinning around to face her blur lover. She glared, glancing down at you to make sure that you were still asleep.

"What?" Ruby whispered, her gaze on Sapphire very obviously angry. Sapphire smiled and pecked Ruby's cheek, causing the red gem to blush a very dark red.

"You know that you love this human already," Sapphire spoke, amusement evident in her monotone voice. Ruby rolled her eyes, but couldn't help the small smile that formed on her lips.

"Whatever," she said, turning her attention back to you as you slept peacefully in her arms. The two stayed in comfortable silence for a long while, before you yawned and slowly opened your eyes.

You rubbed your eyes, and them turned to look at Sapphire. You reached for her, already all the way awake. Sapphire chuckled and picked you up, cradling you in her arms.

Ruby faced away, jealous that you'd choose Sapphire over her. But she wouldn't admit that.

You played with Sapphire's hair, sweeping it out of her face on accident. You stared in awe at her eye, and then began to giggle. You pressed her tiny hands to her cheeks.

"Mama!" you exclaimed, your smile wide. Ruby gasped and hurried to Sapphire's side, "They just called you 'Mama'!" Sapphire covered her mouth with her hand, feeling emotions of happiness run through her tiny body.

"She didn't call me Mama," Ruby mumbled, rubbing the back of her neck sheepishly. Sapphire chuckled and grabbed her hand, leaning in for a kiss. They immediately fused, leaving Garnet to hold you.

You stared up at her three eyes and shouted, "Mama!" You kept repeating the word as you giggled and squished her cheeks in your hands. Garnet felt joy throughout her.

Now they called us Mama. Sapphire said in Garnet's head. The fusion smiled down at you, allowing you to wrap your fingers around one of hers. You gave her a grin, an irresistible one.

"We're keeping you," she whispered. You giggled and shouted once more, "Mama!"

---

Holy moly, I haven't updated in so long. I am so so so so sorry about that. I've literally had zero motivation to write lately.

This is so terrible, but it's the best I could do. This was requested by LaffySaffy. I hope you at least somewhat enjoyed this.

But wtf, over 30 THOUSAND reads on this?!?!? That's freaking insane!!! You guys are so wonderful!

I'll try to post something later on today since it's 3:50am rn, but after I wake up.

Btw, Wolfgirl016 helped me a little in writing this. Thank you!

Btw, you can check out my other books: The Homeworld Human (Homeworld Gems x child reader) and Learning (Jasper x fem!reader)!

Don't forget to vote and comment!

Ily all!

- Aehlyn ♡